E5 led/T5 lighting

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how the warranty works, I mean do you have to send the broken light back to Europe? Would be good to find out about that.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, and earlier when I asked Euroaquatics about that and the wattage per led I was just told that the product was made correctly and it was made to simulate a t5 bulb : )

So nope, you have not missed anything

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how the warranty works, I mean do you have to send the broken light back to Europe? Would be good to find out about that.
You shouldn't have to send the to Holland. Euroquatics has set up a warehouse in Nevada, Have a rep here in California and the bulbs are actually made here in California.

cb684

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the two E5 54W blue pop. I added one on each of the two 8x54w ati fixtures I have on my 96x24x31 (LWH). During dusk and dawn only one E5 and one ati actinic bulb are on in each fixture. During the daytime all bulbs are on (1E5, 1Actinic, 4BluePlus and 2CoralPlus bulbs in each fixture). When all bulbs are on there is very little difference (maybe because I already have a lot of blue bulbs or maybe because is only 1/8 of all bulbs). When the Actinic and the E5 are on, the pop is clear. It makes reds, and blue really pop. And it gives more contrast to greens too. Keep in mind that I had two actinic bulbs before (during dusk and dawn) so it made a big difference for these periods (I am not sure if I would see a lot of difference If I had 2 blue plus bulbs, I will do the comparison later). Side by side E5 bulbs appeared to be brighter than the blue plus bulbs but I did not measured PAR yet.
It actually exceeded my expectations. I might buy a couple more to replace the other actinic bulbs I have in the future. That is all I have for now. I will bring more information later.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my bulbs yesterday and got them installed in my 8x80w t5 fixture. The led's look exactly like a t5 except they have a heat sink on the back, they seem to be made of plastic. The only thing I'm not a fan about is the 60" bulbs bow a bit so in the fixture they aren't sitting in the reflector like a normal t5 bulb. My guess is the smaller the e5 the less noticeable this will be. Brightness wise they are a more blue than your blue + bulbs and seem to be brighter, you also get that led blue pop out of your corals.

Par figures. I took three measurements in my tank, the t5's are 7 mths old which is how old the tank is in the pics. The par numbers with the t5's are 460-450-305 and with the e5's in I got 420-430-315 so imo the par figures are pretty close, for our purposes good enough.

I tried to get a couple pics, first all t5's, second two blue e5's instead of the two b+.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pics aren't perfect, the e5 has a more crisp blue look. I would be Leary to go all e5 though

buzzword

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not going to go all E5 until I can see PAR values of am all E5 tank compared to the same tank with strictly T5. But I am going to get 2 blue pop bulbs to replace a blue+ and am actinic.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a plan. Would be interesting to see par numbers for an all e5 tank, but that defeats the purpose to me as I want to run t5 with led supplement with a clean look.

OP
OP
Joker79

Joker79

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to all who are doing the leg work! :p
The par number are very close to traditional t5. Looks like a new supplement is in my future!

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's important to also see spectral data in combination with PAR! T5s have a big green spike that produces slightly higher PAR values but is in a mostly unsalable region. With the full compliment of spectrum options, E5s can replace all T5s in a system and you'll get more consistent spectrum and PAR values over the 5-8 year life of the lamp.

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just replaced 2 over due Blue+ bulbs with some E5 Blue Pop and WOW are they poppin!!! Looked like 2 new Blue+ with 20% more blue and honestly I think my tank thanked me for it. I'm only running a 4 bulb fixture with alternating Blue+ and Coral+ bulbs. The Coral+ are fresh so they have 10 months before they get switched out for some more E5 day lights bulbs but it WILL happen. 3yr warranty, 8yr life span, more or equal par at less wattage, yup it's the new way to look at T5's.

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just replaced 2 over due Blue+ bulbs with some E5 Blue Pop and WOW are they poppin!!! Looked like 2 new Blue+ with 20% more blue and honestly I think my tank thanked me for it. I'm only running a 4 bulb fixture with alternating Blue+ and Coral+ bulbs. The Coral+ are fresh so they have 10 months before they get switched out for some more E5 day lights bulbs but it WILL happen. 3yr warranty, 8yr life span, more or equal par at less wattage, yup it's the new way to look at T5's.

As always, post some pictures! :)

Better yet, take a couple good shoots and save them for "The Contest" we're hoping to have in April! ;)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back