Easiest Anthias

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im jumping in too...Mine have been IDd here as rubrizonatus and elsewhere as Marica. They look similar to yours. One of mine has started to turn real pink on the front half and the other 2 look like the lower pic still.
eF6tlgk.jpg

ICmLqPN.jpg

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are rocking on setups and a plan!

I sure hope so. I've only lost 1 of the 12 fish I have stocked into my DT and I believe that was an injury due to changing my rock scape. I've had very good success using QT and most I've started have made it through. I've avoided Anthias up till now but hope I am ready.

Update on the my Anthias I'D.

20170420_162046.jpg
20170420_162344.jpg
20170420_163258.jpg
20170420_161729.jpg

Im jumping in too...Mine have been IDd here as rubrizonatus and elsewhere as Marica. They look similar to yours. One of mine has started to turn real pink on the front half and the other 2 look like the lower pic still.

Ok, now you guys are just posting these to make me jealous! I don't get mine till Saturday! ;Wacky

Mattres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to get a group of dispars but worry about feeding them at least 3 times a day. Especially if they haven't taken to pellets or flake.
What do you guys do to keep up with all the feedings?
Cheers!

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to get a group of dispars but worry about feeding them at least 3 times a day. Especially if they haven't taken to pellets or flake.
What do you guys do to keep up with all the feedings?
Cheers!

My Marcia eat pellets, but the lyre wont touch them. Lyretail with eat any frozen meaty food. You can feed them once an hour, so i catch up on the multiple feeding after work.

Mattres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Marcia eat pellets, but the lyre wont touch them. Lyretail with eat any frozen meaty food. You can feed them once an hour, so i catch up on the multiple feeding after work.
Okay thanks, that's good info.
I leave for work around 6am so feedings for most of the day are out the question until I'm home in the arvo/night. Thanks!

Elleuckyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really loved keeping lyretail. Very easy to feed and I switched them over to freezdried so very easy to get on auto feeder as well. Also really like to keep sunburst. Can be finicky at first but loved live blackworms. I have single barletts and am in love with his color! Very easy to feed. Key is to feed small amounts frequently throughout the day.

IMG_0735.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The package was just delivered by UPS! So, I open the box and there is one bag. o_O

Of course, just my luck. The only fish that shipped was the Kole Tang that I only ordered because it cost less than paying for the shipping. For some reason, the Anthias didn't ship. :(

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer! Koles are great fish too tho!
Yup. And I got a crazy one! The little guy gets flown from California to Alabama and gets temp acclimated while I adjust salinity in my QT. I was told it would ship at 1.021 and it came in at 1.017. Once that was adjusted I cut open the bag, dumped him into a strainer to get rid of the shipping water, put him in the QT. The little guy freaked for 15 seconds going from shelter to shelter. Once he was in for 30 seconds he started eating. No joke. I've never seen anything like it. I'm thinking getting him to eat won't be a problem!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the most disappointing thing about this is if they would have called and let me know they were out of stock, I would have just had them ship Dispar's. Almost the same price and I was going back and forth anyway. Would have saved them a NDA shipping charge and would have kept my QT plan intact.

Neoalchemist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. And I got a crazy one! The little guy gets flown from California to Alabama and gets temp acclimated while I adjust salinity in my QT. I was told it would ship at 1.021 and it came in at 1.017. Once that was adjusted I cut open the bag, dumped him into a strainer to get rid of the shipping water, put him in the QT. The little guy freaked for 15 seconds going from shelter to shelter. Once he was in for 30 seconds he started eating. No joke. I've never seen anything like it. I'm thinking getting him to eat won't be a problem!
Kole tangs are nutty in general. Mine constantly has some abrasion or another from acting like a 4 year old who just ate his whole bag of Halloween candy. No real aggression in the tank, he's the only one that ends up with cuts and bruises, but yeah, Dori on pcp. His name is Spaz.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 111 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%

Back