Easiest way to clean acrylic tanks...IMO

BenjieC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes my coraline algae off..just use small back and forth motion with a little more finger pressure. Should be no problem. It's a little harder the first time, but once you get the tank "polished up" from regular use, it comes off quite easily.

Not on my glass tanks, I was scrubbing really hard and nothing was happening. Maybe it can get a start on acrylic tanks easier???

OP
OP
Ladipyg

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has it been there...everyone else seems to have no problem. Well, I guess that would make it one vote for not working as well....

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm read this thread finally... Ill have to give this a try w my glass tank!

this seems like it will make cleaning them cubes really easy!

ReefRunner

Reef hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeremy,

I picked them up at the grocery store down the street from my home. They were in the cleaning suply section by the regular sponges. I love them - they just work great for me.

Robin

Salt Water Crazy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried using the eraser on a couple glass tanks today. For everything but coraline algae it worked fantastic. The coraline wouldn't come off using the eraser much what-so-ever, unless it was thick and then it would just remove some.

I did think of trying to put under my magnetic scraper(mag-float). I didn't think about it till I was mostly done w/ both tanks, but I tried it anyways. It worked pretty well from what I could tell. I decided to decrease the thickness of the the eraser by halving it and then quartering it. That made it work better, due to the magnet having a stronger hold.

I'm going to try it on my acrylic tank tonight and I'll report back about how it goes.

Any update on how it worked with the magnet on the acrylic?

zoous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried it this past week and did a very nice job on my arcylic tank. If you do use it on coralline algae you do need to be careful because it can scratch your tank if your not careful.

RaysReef

Shazaam Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we use this while the tank is full of SW and fully stocked too? Or do we have to breakdown the tank to do this?

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we use this while the tank is full of SW and fully stocked too? Or do we have to breakdown the tank to do this?

Use while the tank is up and running! Just make sure you get the correct version of these is all. There's a photo of the box posted on page 1 of this thread as well ... it's called Original.

zoous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Using it in a tank full of SW that's fully stocked. no problem.

ReefRMon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Works

So i tried the mr clean pad thing thingy and it works great i have no problems with it either, using it on a 14 gal biocube. Very sweet idea thanks slice :)

missmilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried this today and couldn't believe how well it worked. Holy moly, it was a snap! - took no time at all to swipe my entire 55 gallon tank. Thanks for the fantastic tip!

brianbaler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. Clean Eraser Use

Hey guys,

I just read this thread and was fascinated. I have had glass reef tanks for 5 years and upgraded to a 200 gallon acrylic bowfront tank. I was concerned about cleaning but am anxious to try the mr. clean product.

Do you use it by hand, attach to cleaning rod/scraper, or place on inside wall of mag float?

I spent weeks sanding and polishing the tank so I want to be very careful not to scratch the tank!

Thanks!

Honeycombz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went through this thread. Wow 2009? Going to use the magic eraser for my new frag tank. Any suggestions for cleaning the outside of the tank?

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I tried using the eraser on a couple glass tanks today. For everything but coraline algae it worked fantastic. The coraline wouldn't come off using the eraser much what-so-ever, unless it was thick and then it would just remove some.

I did think of trying to put under my magnetic scraper(mag-float). I didn't think about it till I was mostly done w/ both tanks, but I tried it anyways. It worked pretty well from what I could tell. I decided to decrease the thickness of the the eraser by halving it and then quartering it. That made it work better, due to the magnet having a stronger hold.

I'm going to try it on my acrylic tank tonight and I'll report back about how it goes.
how did it work out for you?

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Mr. Clean Eraser Use

Hey guys,

I just read this thread and was fascinated. I have had glass reef tanks for 5 years and upgraded to a 200 gallon acrylic bowfront tank. I was concerned about cleaning but am anxious to try the mr. clean product.

Do you use it by hand, attach to cleaning rod/scraper, or place on inside wall of mag float?

I spent weeks sanding and polishing the tank so I want to be very careful not to scratch the tank!

Thanks!
whats been effective cleaning acrylic for you?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used magic erasers for years on my reef tanks....only thing I use now. Just a heads up though, you can buy generic versions on amazon for 1/10th the cost. I bought a package of 100 for 26 bucks.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back