OP
Peanut

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I️ got this from a friend last night a website is selling them!

6dc0e5858c6ab07c2bb0bc7e43b9b4d5.jpg

yeah that's crazy.... I feel the same way about GSP for sale. If anybody wants some, I have a 70gallon tank that is 95% GSP. Hell, I will sell you the whole tank if you want it.

Kammetal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think for the same reason a specific medicine that you take only targets the infection/virus/bacteria that you are dealing with

yeah that's crazy.... I feel the same way about GSP for sale. If anybody wants some, I have a 70gallon tank that is 95% GSP. Hell, I will sell you the whole tank if you want it.

Me on the other hand I️ Love GSP if you get rid of it maybe we can work something out to ship!
See I️ even made a temporary setup to prevent the mess from killing my gsp
feb1f9b56a69e3f0d96ef7ad6442c010.jpg

OP
OP
Peanut

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a reason why only certain corals are affected? Note to self never get blue clove polyps.

I think for the same reason a specific medicine that you take only targets the infection/virus/bacteria that you are dealing with and doesn't kill everything in your body.

Someone long ago explained it to me that Medicine is like a key that only fits in certain locks

OP
OP
Peanut

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me on the other hand I️ Love GSP if you get rid of it maybe we can work something out to ship!
See I️ even made a temporary setup to prevent the mess from killing my gsp
feb1f9b56a69e3f0d96ef7ad6442c010.jpg

I would feel horrible and you would hate me a year later when your entire tank is a thick carpet of nothing but GSP. I will post a pic here later tonight when I get home.

For my main display, its been outlawed. I have some galaxia that looks very much like it, but is a stony coral so there is no spreading.

Kammetal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would feel horrible and you would hate me a year later when your entire tank is a thick carpet of nothing but GSP. I will post a pic here later tonight when I get home.

For my main display, its been outlawed. I have some galaxia that looks very much like it, but is a stony coral so there is no spreading.

I️ actually want to do a bare bottom annd have the gsp on the floor

Kammetal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only suffered one casualty so far.....my brain hope I️ can save it

tcup25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treatment worked like a charm. Still blue clove free!! My casualties included some snails (not all), pipe organ coral, and all shrimp that I couldn’t catch. Cocoa worms dropped their heads but they all recovered. Clams were never phased. I pulled my leathers since I read that they wouldn’t make it. So the pipe organ was the only loss I wasn’t prepared for [emoji17]. I did get a red slime/algae bloom. Just treated it and everything has been great since. Glad I did it!

trahelyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody done this with a dragonette in the tank? I just added a tiny tank-raised mandarin, and I would hate to put it at any risk in my ongoing battle against BCP.

OP
OP
Peanut

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody done this with a dragonette in the tank? I just added a tiny tank-raised mandarin, and I would hate to put it at any risk in my ongoing battle against BCP.

I am not aware of anyone having issues with any fish because of treatment

Kammetal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one have anemones ? Kinda freaked out about doing this with my rose bubble

I have a sunburst and a rose my sunburst was not happy at all thought he was a goner but he’s ok now. As for my rbta idk what happened. He was acting funny from the start

SonRK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My GSP are encroaching into my zoa rock and it's time to kill them. I tried using a soft tipped toothbrush to halt them during water changes, but they spread faster than I could kill I suppose.

I just bought some medication off of amazon (Thanks for the link!). I have a 30gallon tank so I should be careful not to overdose.

Westley Decastro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its been almost eight hours water is a bit cloudy but besides that no reaction from blue clove polyps or any other corals i left coral banded shrimp in the tank same with cleaner shrimp hope all goes well....... so is it normal to not get a reaction from blue clove polyps right away

OP
OP
Peanut

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its been almost eight hours water is a bit cloudy but besides that no reaction from blue clove polyps or any other corals i left coral banded shrimp in the tank same with cleaner shrimp hope all goes well....... so is it normal to not get a reaction from blue clove polyps right away

how are they looking now? My guess...not so happy :)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 75 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back