Emperor angelfish with white poop

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just got this emperor angelfish a couple days ago and he was eating great. He is still eating but I noticed he has white stringy poop now, what should I treat his food with?

Thanks!

6f31a8d1ba4f2fb1ee4fea5d25fa8d0a.jpg

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this emperor angelfish a couple days ago and he was eating great. He is still eating but I noticed he has white stringy poop now, what should I treat his food with?

Thanks!

6f31a8d1ba4f2fb1ee4fea5d25fa8d0a.jpg
@Lasse

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kana+metro+furan+focus. One scoop of each per heaping tbs of frozen food for 2-3 weeks 2 x per day.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´m not skill enough to make a diagnosis based on a picture as the only indication and with one strong indication of no disease (the fish is eating well). I will never be that no matter how many times I am tagged into a thread. However, I would recommend you read this thread with all the discussions and that you make your own decision which path you want to go with this fish. You alone are the only one that can get the whole picture of the fish health and judge if it a disease or not. If you decide to treat with antibiotics or anthelmintic drugs – there is a lot of information in the sticky threads. And here is some non hobby information

I´m sure you will take the right decision about the wellbeing of your fish if you have all appropriate information on the pros and cons of one or the other path that exists in terms of action.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't take the chance. It is possible for the fish to have GI issues without a parasite, but no way to be certain. I would treat with food mixed with API GC.

Baurochs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna throw my 2 cents in and say change his diet up and see if it changes stool colors. In humans white stool is due to not being able to handle the dietary fat eaten.

I'm not sure what they eat but it's an idea, he could be sick.

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks everyone. Since this is in a fish only tank, I will treat his food with API General Cure and hopefully that helps a lot.

Back