Evolving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
logo.jpg

For the past three plus years of my life, I’ve been privileged to help build my company, Unique Corals, into one of the retail marine livestock industry’s leading vendors. With my partner, and our dedicated crew of industry professionals, we’ve been fortunate to have had the opportunity to deliver great experiences to customers all over the country, and have enjoyed positive exposure from all over the world.

Raceway-Aquarium-Unique-Corals.jpg

We have accomplished much of what I wanted to do when we set out on this journey, and I’m proud to have played a huge role in taking Unique Corals to where it is today. I’m most proud of the high level of customer service and commitment to taking care of people that our organization has developed a reputation for. We built a company with soul, heart, and humanity. It’s been an enlightening, fascinating, and fulfilling journey, filled with many wonderful experiences, places, beautiful corals, and, most important- amazing people.

IMG_1275.jpg

All great journeys reach a point where they must continue on the same path, or take a turn towards a new, uncharted direction. My journey with Unique has reached that point, and I have decided to sell my ownership interest in Unique Corals, and will be departing the company in the coming days.

This was an extremely difficult decision, only arrived at after much deliberation and consideration. In the end, however, I realized that my entrepreneurial spirit is now taking me into different directions. In order to be true to myself, I must set off on a new path.

BiopicUC.jpg

What’s next for me? Glad you asked! I will be working on many exciting new projects in a variety of areas, including my new freshwater aquatic niche venture, Tannin Aquatics. I’ll be continuing to write blogs and articles, attend conferences, and speak around the country at aquarium clubs and events. I’m thrilled to be collaborating with some great people in our industry/hobby on some future projects as well, and looking forward to sharing many new things with you.

Again, I thank you all for the amazing support, trust, and friendship that you have bestowed upon me, both personally, and as an owner of Unique Corals, and I am grateful for the many kind words I’ve received over the years about our work. It’s been my pleasure to have helped brighten a few hobbyist's lives by bringing them my labor of love, and I look forward to continuing the journey.

Stay engaged. Stay generous. Stay kind.

And Stay Wet.

Scott Fellman

JBNY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck Scott! I know it must have been a hard decision but in the end you have to do what makes you happy.

FX CharityCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Scott on the new adventure and keeping that entrepreneur spirit alive. Shoot me a pm on the freshwater stuff. My maintenance company is trying to do more planted tanks.

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck Scott! I know it must have been a hard decision but in the end you have to do what makes you happy.
Thanks, Joe! It was very hard...but so right, and I'm excited for both myself and for UC!

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to see you leave UC behind, but I wish you the best in following your heart. I hope UC continues to take the moral high ground of sustainability and quality over chasing fads for profit. UC is one of the few vendors I still religiously look to for livestock because of the customer service and upward thinking.

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with your future endeavors, Just don't stop posting on here :rolleyes:

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Best of luck Scott. Whatever you do, I know it will be done well. Please keep writing, you have a great talent for it.

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
:( Sad to see you leave but happy for you cause you are following your dream that will make you happier. You will succeed in what ever you want to do cause you are a good guy. God bless and good luck

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Quitter. Just kidding. Good luck with your new ventures.
Thanks for providing great and reasonably priced frags. Thanks for bringing triton products to the U.S. I'm a big believer in the product and hopefully UC continues to carry it

buzzword

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best wishes on your new endeavors. Thanks for all the insights, observations and banter here, gonna miss it if you don't blog.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back