Evolving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bobstir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
off topic, but the guy in the bottom right corner looks like the guy from sea dwelling creatures (as seen on TV). Does he work for UC now or is that just a cameo?

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, not sure who he is (sorry!) but the pic was at a "metope" we had here, and he very well could have been an SDC person...

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, what I've seen of your Tannin products and my recent failures has made me wish for the good old days when my fishkeeping was "easy"...a fun 50g planted tank with no pipes or skimmers to fool with and...and no corals to kill...

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freshwater is cool too! But I am sad to hear you leaving my favorite coral shop.

image.jpeg

shornik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've waited a bit to reply after reading your initial post, you know to just let it sink in. I'd certainly like to add my good luck as you move on and I'm sure you will do as well in your next adventure as you did with UC.
But I also wanted to say thanks. I can't tell you how many times when I was starting my tank (wow its 1 year and 9 months old already), that I would sit on my computer reading anything I could to learn as much as I could about the hobby. Without a doubt I learned the most from your posts (and probably the most from your "rants"). Remember when you would go on and on about the need to do water changes regularly, I did and still do (not a Triton guy yet). I learned about the good in this hobby even as you were pointing out the bad. I learned about the possibility of some of our favorite corals being listed as endangered species - really I don't think anyone spoke up more loudly then you AND gave us information about what we could do to help educate the NFWS before they made any decisions. But mostly I just read about a reefer and his passion for reefing, so again thanks for that.

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've waited a bit to reply after reading your initial post, you know to just let it sink in. I'd certainly like to add my good luck as you move on and I'm sure you will do as well in your next adventure as you did with UC.
But I also wanted to say thanks. I can't tell you how many times when I was starting my tank (wow its 1 year and 9 months old already), that I would sit on my computer reading anything I could to learn as much as I could about the hobby. Without a doubt I learned the most from your posts (and probably the most from your "rants"). Remember when you would go on and on about the need to do water changes regularly, I did and still do (not a Triton guy yet). I learned about the good in this hobby even as you were pointing out the bad. I learned about the possibility of some of our favorite corals being listed as endangered species - really I don't think anyone spoke up more loudly then you AND gave us information about what we could do to help educate the NFWS before they made any decisions. But mostly I just read about a reefer and his passion for reefing, so again thanks for that.
Wow....thanks so much!!! At a bit of a loss of words...for now, lol

-Scott

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't have said it better myself! It's exactly what I'm thinking!!!

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure gonna miss those rants! Only time I found it enjoyable listening to someone go on and on and on [emoji38]
Good luck in your new adventures! May you find peace and prosper [emoji2]

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back