Exact iDip Digital Water Testing

thedru13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my update. I still can't get accurate readings. PH doesn't work at all (whether you use it or not) still should give an accurate reading. Alk and Cal readings are all over the map for me. From very low to really high and that could be with in a 24 hour period. I have installed all the updates and even tried different devices for Bluetooth with the same result. I am at the point where I think I may be done trying. Its a waste of the test strips to keep trying and having inconsistent results for me. Compared to my Salifert testing its just not close.

thedru13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have tried both.. Every time I test it just registers HI for Ph.. And I have a probe for PH in the tank so I know its not reading correctly.. Again I know Ph isn't the biggest deal... The other tests are what really bother me..

Are you using the old ph test or the ph-bt which had the higher range

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like you've got a bad system. I've not once observed such erratic measurements. Thats actually the biggest selling point for me. Every time I retest I'm within 1-2ppm every time. I'm really surprised that even with the higher range ph you can't get a reading. I would be sending the back to them with some water for them to analyze and repair.

thedru13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in touch with customer Service on my issues and sending the unit back was not an option.

I feel like you've got a bad system. I've not once observed such erratic measurements. Thats actually the biggest selling point for me. Every time I retest I'm within 1-2ppm every time. I'm really surprised that even with the higher range ph you can't get a reading. I would be sending the back to them with some water for them to analyze and repair.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'd push harder. Something definitely not right. I can understand being off from other tests but not off from itself over and over. I believe they have a calibration fluid and test, maybe they can send you that at least to rule something out...

thedru13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will give that a shot see what happens. Thanks for the info ;-)

Well, I'd push harder. Something definitely not right. I can understand being off from other tests but not off from itself over and over. I believe they have a calibration fluid and test, maybe they can send you that at least to rule something out...

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never tried the ph will give it a try when I get in.

Is everyone washing out the idip with tank water before running test ? I find that it helps. I do it three times before I test.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe there was actually going to be any "announcement" per se. If you look on their site, they are going live at MACNA. However I did have word from Christian that there would be a dealer there selling the new test, but I was unable to find anything at the show. Hope we hear some news soon, I would hate to have to wait until September! Although waiting this long, I guess another 2 months won't matter.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 116 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 90 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.5%
Back