Exact iDip Digital Water Testing

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK.....I am overwhelmingly underwhelmed with this!!!!!! I was happy when alk test results were on par with my other kits but thats it. I test ca three time and got 3oo, 375 and 363....red sea comes in at 450. Po4 has read Lo 3x when my milwuakee martini meter test at .05. I have done nitrate 3x and keep getting Lo reading as well....api and nyos both read 10. I didnt even bother with testing mag given issues others have reported.

I looked for videos on po4 and no3 and couldnt find anything in the link that was provided above. Not a happy camper right now!
I thought you were going to wait like me until more bugs were worked out?

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever have a problem with getting the app to find the Idip? I have blue tooth and Idip is on but nothing is popping up.

dakoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So those that have it still recommend against buying it just yet? I hate the color cards, my nitrates could be anywhere from 5 to 40 :(

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Delete the device from you phone and the add it. Sometimes that helps as well

I let it time out and turned the idip back on and it connected.

So those that have it still recommend against buying it just yet? I hate the color cards, my nitrates could be anywhere from 5 to 40 :(

I think you will still need traditional test kits until the consistency of this is proven.

How much do these units run for

I believe the marine kit is $350.

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so did another round of tests tonight....

Alk last night...147 tonight....135 and 139 its within the margin of error but not satisfied. Hanna checker read 145
Ca last night...300, 373 and 365. tonight....496 and 521. Red Sea 450
Po4 still reading Lo and Milwaukee Martini meter .03
Nitrates...last night...Lo, 23 and tonight 15 which i will accept since nyos read 12 and I have been dosing nitrates to increase my no3 levels.

So...while I am still a little frustrated with this I do see it as being a great kit once the kinks are worked out. I am concerned about the accuracy of the results because of water being pushed out of the test basin while moving the strip back and forth. I would rather see a liquid reagent than a dip strip if possible.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also takes practice. You may be swishing too hard. A little coming out I'd say ok, but just swish gently. The more consistent your technique, the better your results will be. And I suggest making sure you rinse three times and also use the brush between tests.

thedru13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have yet to get consistent results with mine. I want to trust it but I can't. My readings have been wrong since day one. I have worked with customer service and results have remained the same. This product just frustrates me

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also takes practice. You may be swishing too hard. A little coming out I'd say ok, but just swish gently. The more consistent your technique, the better your results will be. And I suggest making sure you rinse three times and also use the brush between tests.

Agree 100% with you on practice and technique....its important to conduct each test identically to the way you performed the last test. I know that with milwaukee po4 meter that if i shake the bottle too hard it will give me a higher reading than what the actual level is. I always follow my same exact steps each time use that kit. I am sure in time I will get the hang of it but for now I will continue to use two kits for safe checks. Ultimately....my eyes are my test kits. if the corals look good Im not going to worry too much. I ideally bought it for nitrates and magnesium so I am anxious to see the magnesium app when its available.

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another round of tests tonight. getting consistent readings on alk and nitrates but ca seems to be all over the place. In the 3oo's the first night, high 400's/low 500's on wed and now back in the 300's. Anyone else have inconsistent ca readings?

thedru13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another round of tests tonight. getting consistent readings on alk and nitrates but ca seems to be all over the place. In the 3oo's the first night, high 400's/low 500's on wed and now back in the 300's. Anyone else have inconsistent ca readings?

Same. I have yet to get any consistent readings. I don't even bother using mine much anymore.

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well so far its become a very expensive alk and nitrate test kit for me. ca is not consistent enough and while my po4 measures .03 on my milwaukee meter it continues to measure Lo on the Idip. Hopefully when they introduce mag it will be accurate.

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.....I'm truly beginning to understand how a resident of England that voted yes for Brexit felt the day after the leave camp won!!!!! What did I do?????? Now the only parameter that's consistent is nitrate. Alk and ca are all over the place. Still get Lo reading for po4. I even took a water sample from my skimmer cup and tested it. My Milwaukee martini tester showed .18 po4 while the Idip still showed Lo! Having huge regrets now! Anyone considering this....stick to salifert and send water to triton every few months.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 68 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 63 27.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back