Exact iDip Digital Water Testing

Armydogracing

Zoa Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as far as most of the results are they accurate?

I really wanted to pull the trigger on this but from what little I have read in this thread it has me nervous... Idk if that mindstream would be better or not considering it will be like $35 a month for the slides then like 700 for the unit itself.... may just have to stick with salifert and hanna

Bbaz123456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank god for r2r!!!
I almost put my order in for this until I did a "little more research"

Armydogracing

Zoa Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I about did also on amazon the have the aquarium one for like 150 then just add the Calcium for another 15 or something like that

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the Alk is new, not sure how the calcium one is supposed to work, its range is very high, but apparently its for the new UH hardness test. I sent a mail to a few people over there, not just Christian.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very unlikely, but would hope for some discount. I know this is a minor point too, but I'd like a replacement foam insert that will hold all the new bottles that this will need since it looks like the UH Calcium and UH Hardness, and ph-BT all have liquid dropper bottles, plus they've included a syringe. I like having the "kit" together, and I'm assuming they've modified it when selling it as a package.

thedru13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think that the unit would just get a firmware/software update and new testing strips. If they change the unit and render the ones we bought without offering some sort of upgrade program that is is poor customer service.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you bought an exact iDip and are in their data base you will be getting the reagents and buffers for the alk and calcium test's. An the update will be in the new app that has been submitted to the App Store.
Will be doing a Q&A with Christian soon.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you bought an exact iDip and are in their data base you will be getting the reagents and buffers for the alk and calcium test's. An the update will be in the new app that has been submitted to the App Store.
Will be doing a Q&A with Christian soon.

Let them know we'd like to see them keep posting here. I know it can be rough sometimes with criticism but its good for us to know they are still here for us and continuing development.

I'm still hopful that this becomes a matured product that can be easy, accurate, and precise reliably while still being cost effective with a low TCO.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new test are very accurate. You could see it in all the test they where doing at the show. Christian said he has been working so hard to get the test accurate and repeatable this year that he hasn't been able to post much. But he does read and listen to us here.
I will be setting up a video call soon
So he can talk about the new reagents and buffers and the app update.

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm excited about this. I just got the kit about 3 weeks ago and it read spot on to what my other test kits are reading(Hannah and Red Sea). However, I tested yesterday and my Calcium read HI three times in a row. I tested Alkalinity and it read 40 ppm the first time, 76 ppm the second time and 78 ppm the third time. Knowing that my Alk definitely isn't down around 4.2 dKH, I busted out my Hannah and it came in at 171 ppm.

Bbaz123456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm excited about this. I just got the kit about 3 weeks ago and it read spot on to what my other test kits are reading(Hannah and Red Sea). However, I tested yesterday and my Calcium read HI three times in a row. I tested Alkalinity and it read 40 ppm the first time, 76 ppm the second time and 78 ppm the third time. Knowing that my Alk definitely isn't down around 4.2 dKH, I busted out my Hannah and it came in at 171 ppm.
I love the idea of the idip but hate reading stuff like this^^^^
I really want to pull the trigger but the last thing I need is another gadget sitting around that doesn't work right

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Christian has been working hard in this year. The issue with ant saltwater test in any form is the complexity of Saltwater in the first place. Was able to talk to Ehsan of triton talking about this very issue.
The background noise from the elements in saltwater causes interference with a test. The the Exact iDip you need to make sure you have the new reagents as Christian had to totally redo the tests for alk and both calcium test to get the interference reduced.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back