Fairy/Flasher Wrasse for JBJ 25

mnreefer327

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I recently bought a 25 gallon JBJ. I plan on adding 2 ocellaris clowns and I'd like to add a fairy or flasher wrasse of some sort. Do you guys have any ideas of good fairy/flasher wrasses for a 25 gallon tank?

38bill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off don't even think about adding one without a tight fitting top or they will jump out. I like the Blue flasher as well as the Linespot flasher. They are sim looking and both have a nice red color. They stay small and tend to hang out in the water column where you can see them and its really cool when they flash. They are reasonably priced (as far as wrasse go) too.

I see your in MN. Do you belong to TCMAS?

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not believe any fairy or flasher wrasse is suitable for that size of tank.
Look at possum wrasses or pink streaked wrasses if you want a wrasse for that size.
+1 way to small of a tank for a fairy or flasher wrasse. You could get something like a sixline at most but def not the fairy or flasher variety...

38bill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Yes, I have a lid.
2. I do not belong to TCMAS. What is it?
I'll start a conversation with you.

PS: Like I said the Blue and linespot flashers are small for a wrasse. They spend a lot of time just hanging out and should be fine. I have kept both and I believe one would not be a problem in your tank.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll start a conversation with you.

PS: Like I said the Blue and linespot flashers are small for a wrasse. They spend a lot of time just hanging out and should be fine. I have kept both and I believe one would not be a problem in your tank.
They like to swim and zoom around the tank. That is not possible in a 25 gallon tank. My line spot would be so cramped in that size, it would not be good for one. They may be small but you have to factor in their swimming habits.

OP
OP
M

mnreefer327

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They like to swim and zoom around the tank. That is not possible in a 25 gallon tank. My line spot would be so cramped in that size, it would not be good for one. They may be small but you have to factor in their swimming habits.
Not trying to start an argument here HAHA. Thanks for all the input though!

38bill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK but that has not been my experience with them. That's one of the the reasons I like them so much.

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off don't even think about adding one without a tight fitting top or they will jump out. I like the Blue flasher as well as the Linespot flasher. They are sim looking and both have a nice red color. They stay small and tend to hang out in the water column where you can see them and its really cool when they flash. They are reasonably priced (as far as wrasse go) too.

I see your in MN. Do you belong to TCMAS?
Can either of these go in a 30 gallon I know liveaquaria says they can but I thought they were super active fish

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back