Feeding medicated food.

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been feeding metroplex/focus blend since Saturday evening. I've been feeding it twice also with soaking nori in garlic and selcon. My tang has been eating like a pig. Today he won't eat a piece of food. Spots are gone but won't eat? Is this common? Can he be just full?

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try other forms of food? Like flakes? My tang hates nori and would not eat it except if he is really hungry, but loves flakes. So you can probably try that with your tang.

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try other forms of food? Like flakes? My tang hates nori and would not eat it except if he is really hungry, but loves flakes. So you can probably try that with your tang.

He would eat nori like there's no tomorrow. I just don't know if he's full from all the over feeding or the meds are making him not feel well

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metro should not effect his appetite, thats why I suggested trying flakes, if he is full he will ignore them too. Except if there is something stressing him like an infection, but I doubt it since you said he is doing better now.

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metro should not effect his appetite, thats why I suggested trying flakes, if he is full he will ignore them too. Except if there is something stressing him like an infection, but I doubt it since you said he is doing better now.

Yeah he doesn't have anymore spots. Sounds stupid but he's still pooping from yesterday.

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have algae growing in the tank? He might be grazing on these and thats causing him to get full.

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's still pooping quite a bit today and I don't understand because he didn't anything today.

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's weird he's still pooping quite a bit at times and he didn't eat anything today. He kicked the fire fish out of his spot and is like guarding that area. Still swimming around just not as much and not picking st anything like usual. Even picking up hermit crabs and moving them out of that spot he will go in. I've never seen that kind of behavior. I just hope he eats tomorrow. Finally looking better and he decides to stop eating. So stressful.

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was the quarantine process done on it? Usually sudden loss of appetite might be parasitic infection, I hope its not the case. Hopefully he goes back to eating ASAP.

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was the quarantine process done on it? Usually sudden loss of appetite might be parasitic infection, I hope its not the case. Hopefully he goes back to eating ASAP.

I copper treated him for 4 weeks and then kept him in there for a total of 9 weeks

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait till tomorrow, if his appetite is not back then I recommend a FW dip to check for flukes. Hopefully its not there, but it wouldn't harm to check and be on the safe side as flukes is quite common.

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not all symptoms must show to confirm a parasite, few symptoms are enough to perform a diagnosis. Heavy breathing might occur when you have heavy infestation of the parasite in the gills, but flukes can also live under the skin, which might explain why you saw white spots on the fish before.

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not all symptoms must show to confirm a parasite, few symptoms are enough to perform a diagnosis. Heavy breathing might occur when you have heavy infestation of the parasite in the gills, but flukes can also live under the skin, which might explain why you saw white spots on the fish before.

But these spots were pure white. Not almost translucent spots.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But these spots were pure white. Not almost translucent spots.

Just to refresh my memory, you have ich or velvet in your DT, correct? And you are treating it with metro laced food? Also, didn't you dose CP in the DT as well?

Got too much going on at the moment, so it's hard to keep track.

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Secondary bacterial infection? or probably ich that he got infected with in DT. Since you mentioned that white spots were present its usually parasitic which will induce stress in fish which might lead to reduced appetite. Hopefully it will recover by tomorrow.

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to refresh my memory, you have ich or velvet in your DT, correct? And you are treating it with metro laced food? Also, didn't you dose CP in the DT as well?

Got too much going on at the moment, so it's hard to keep track.

I have ich. I got a better look at the chocolate tang. He's still got about 6 pure white spots on his body. Yes I was feeding the cp dr. Gs. But contacted seachem to talk to them about the metroplex and focus way. And since I started doing that Saturday evening. He's been showing signs of improvement. Until today when he stopped eating. Idk if it's because he is being aggressive toward my purple firefish or what. He kicked the purple firefish out of the spot when he always hung out in. And there was some hermit crabs in that area and the chocolate tang picked the hermit crabs up with his mouth and moved them. So idk if this may be the reason why he isn't eating or what. He's just been paying homage to that spot all day. He will go swimming slowly but always keep an eye on that spot. I've never seen that behavior before.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back