Feeding medicated food.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ich. I got a better look at the chocolate tang. He's still got about 6 pure white spots on his body. Yes I was feeding the cp dr. Gs. But contacted seachem to talk to them about the metroplex and focus way. And since I started doing that Saturday evening. He's been showing signs of improvement. Until today when he stopped eating. Idk if it's because he is being aggressive toward my purple firefish or what. He kicked the purple firefish out of the spot when he always hung out in. And there was some hermit crabs in that area and the chocolate tang picked the hermit crabs up with his mouth and moved them. So idk if this may be the reason why he isn't eating or what. He's just been paying homage to that spot all day. He will go swimming slowly but always keep an eye on that spot. I've never seen that behavior before.

OK I remember now. The problem is he will go from feeling/acting bad and then show signs of improvement, as the trophonts come & go. It's a back and forth cycle. The fish will either succumb to the parasite, or acquire immunity and act normally again.

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I remember now. The problem is he will go from feeling/acting bad and then showing signs of improvement, as the trophonts come & go. It's a back and forth cycle. The fish will either succumb to the parasite, or acquire immunity and act normally again.

I really hope he does. Is there anything I can do to try and get him to start eating if he doesn't tomorrow? Is it possible he is still full from yesterday and the previous days? I'm just so stressed out. This is my second go at tangs and I feel like I've failed each time.

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hope he does. Is there anything I can do to try and get him to start eating if he doesn't tomorrow? Is it possible he is still full from yesterday and the previous days? I'm just so stressed out. This is my second go at tangs and I feel like I've failed each time.

Also would to much medicated food cause this?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also would to much medicated food cause this?

Pretty much all medications can cause appetite suppression as a side effect. I'm a firm believer that meds are harmful - but still a necessary evil when faced with a serious disease/illness.

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much all medications can cause appetite suppression as a side effect. I'm a firm believer that meds are harmful - but still a necessary evil when faced with a serious disease/illness.

Do you think this is something that will get better? I feel like it was my fault until yesterday I was feeding it 3 times a day. I should've just did it once.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think this is something that will get better? I feel like it was my fault until yesterday I was feeding it 3 times a day. I should've just did it once.

All you can do is wait & see. If appetite suppression continues, you might wanna lay off the medicated food to see if he will resume eating.

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All you can do is wait & see. If appetite suppression continues, you might wanna lay off the medicated food to see if he will resume eating.

Okay. Sounds good. I'll keep in touch with you if you don't mind. I can't tell you how much I really appreciate your help.

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. Sounds good. I'll keep in touch with you if you don't mind. I can't tell you how much I really appreciate your help.

Good evening! So I just fed the metroplex blend. He ate it! I'm only going to feed that once a day and then I'm going to feed nori and some lrs reef frenzy at night. He had about maybe 4 spots of ich on him yesterday today he's got quite a bit. Is this because of how stressed he got yesterday?

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening! So I just fed the metroplex blend. He ate it! I'm only going to feed that once a day and then I'm going to feed nori and some lrs reef frenzy at night. He had about maybe 4 spots of ich on him yesterday today he's got quite a bit. Is this because of how stressed he got yesterday?

Also I can't remember if I asked you this but can I feed dr. Gs. And the metroplex blend or is this not recommended

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 99 73.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back