OP
A

adamg77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No livestock additions have been made. This hobby is so much fun though. Currently am letting the microcrustaceans populate the front glass along with the side glass. My kids love watching them move around. I have been using a hand lens and can get great quality pictures!
IMG_0179.jpeg
IMG_0172.jpeg

I’ve also had some fan worms pop up which are super cool to watch. Waiting for my phosphates to come down after finding my DI resin was exhausted letting through quite a bit.

My PH has been on the downhill side of things high around 7.8 - lowest I saw it get was around 7.75. I don’t have a lot of coral in the tank and the amount of macro algae I’d say is minimal. I haven’t been able to open windows as it has been too hot. Calc and alk do not support the addition of chemicals which could supplement the dropping PH. Did the aeration test recommended by @Randy Holmes-Farley and it increased dramatically when performed outside. I ran my skimmer line outside and is has increased.

With 5 people inside and one dog I imagine the C02 is fairly high inside. My wife also is frequently using the gas oven to bake which can only hurt.

My plan is to add corals after the phosphates come down and hopefully the PH will increase as the amount of macro algae grows consuming more C02. Fish to come after quarantine.

Attachments

• IMG_0180.jpeg
    IMG_0180.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0178.jpeg
    IMG_0178.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0120.jpeg
    IMG_0120.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 1

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 99 44.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 76 33.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back