Finally starting up the new (In-wall) tank

salty01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks my friend.. You have a great setup!! The next thing I'm gonna have to start thinking about is how I'm going to move some reactors around that I just bought, Pump that I just bought, UV sterilizer that I just bought, i had them in there perfect! I pre-ordered ZEOvit today,they are backordered on the Vertex

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks my friend.. You have a great setup!! The next thing I'm gonna have to start thinking about is how I'm going to move some reactors around that I just bought, Pump that I just bought, UV sterilizer that I just bought, i had them in there perfect! I pre-ordered ZEOvit today,they are backordered on the Vertex

Your welcome bud. Also just another tip, You cant use a UV Sterilizer with the ZEO. So that should save some space.

salty01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I read that, I'm going to have to remove it. 3 weeks old.. Hahaha
7aa5e8783b2facc315cecbaf5fa395eb.jpg

So I can keep carbon reactor right? I will have to remove GFO.

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I read that, I'm going to have to remove it. 3 weeks old.. Hahaha
7aa5e8783b2facc315cecbaf5fa395eb.jpg

So I can keep carbon reactor right? I will have to remove GFO.

Whoa man thats a sick sump lol. No GFO but for sure the Carbon. The carbon is actually very important with Zeo and i would add the carbon reactor in the same chamber as the ZeoLite. I replace carbon every month and its best to use the Korallen-Zucht brand.

salty01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question !!! I'm gonna let you go. As of now both reactors and the UV run off one reef octopus 3500 so if the ZEO reactor his self sustained and I don't need a pump for that, and I only need a pump for the carbon reactor is it too much pump to use the carbon reactor with reef octopus or should I run it off my main return with a valve. Whew....haha that was hard. And thanks for the compliment Its been lots of work

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question !!! I'm gonna let you go. As of now both reactors and the UV run off one reef octopus 3500 so if the ZEO reactor his self sustained and I don't need a pump for that, and I only need a pump for the carbon reactor is it too much pump to use the carbon reactor with reef octopus or should I run it off my main return with a valve. Whew....haha that was hard. And thanks for the compliment Its been lots of work

No problem bud keep em coming. I was in the same predicament not too long ago but if I don't have the answer ill tell you lol. Okay so the ZeoLite reactor actually comes with a pump to have constant flow running thru it (Controlled flow by valve) thats how the ZeoLites collect "Mulm", then you pump it once a day to release it. The Carbon reactor can be run thru the main return valve. That would actually be better and more effective.

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been about 1 year and 1 Month since i had my tank built from scratch. First time ZeoHead and I tell ya this was a very slow process. Things are finally stable and corals happy. It was not easy and I almost gave up on ZeoVit. I also stopped dosing for about 4 months and I didnt stock any live corals. Only fish. Until a few months ago is when i continued the dosing regimen and stocked corals slowly. I feel like the bacteria is finally kicking it like its suppose to. :)
1923a6c2395e8f648a403902fe5f2c7e.jpg

salty01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes 10% weekly water changes with the probiotic salt,I dose three components daily as much as I need with dosing pump to make sure all elements are in line, I use the phosphate media and the carbon media in 2reactors and I dose only 4 Coral supplements Daily

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes 10% weekly water changes with the probiotic salt,I dose three components daily as much as I need with dosing pump to make sure all elements are in line, I use the phosphate media and the carbon media in 2reactors and I dose only 4 Coral supplements Daily

Ah nice. It took me a year to finally get things right with ZeoVit. Water stable and frags finally starting to grow. Mostly my chalices. SPS frags have crazy PE now but I Lost a bunch in the process. The ZeoVit guide timeline is BS it does not take 14 days to get things started lol. I might just jump in and get mini colonies to catch up and get ahead. Another thing I like about ZeoVit, is the clean sump. Downfall about Zeo is having to use my coral colors as reference when elements become depleted i dose a particular additive to replenish the color which takes about a week and i need to keep track of the algorithm. I hope they would just stay like that instead i have to remember to dose a step ahead before the coral starts to lose color.

salty01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What night are you using?forgot to tell you I just bought a massive T5 8 bulb from Germany

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did ATI T5 and Kessil supplements but i hated how the T5s look so i sold em. Im in love with the kessils for some reason the shimmer is awesome. I just hope its sufficient enough to sustain the sps i am going to stock. Debating whether or not i should get more kessils or supplement with something else. So far corals are loving it right now. Let me re-phrase, my LPS are loving it. Just dont know how the new SPS will respond in the long hall.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great!

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did ATI T5 and Kessil supplements but i hated how the T5s look so i sold em. Im in love with the kessils for some reason the shimmer is awesome. I just hope its sufficient enough to sustain the sps i am going to stock. Debating whether or not i should get more kessils or supplement with something else. So far corals are loving it right now. Let me re-phrase, my LPS are loving it. Just dont know how the new SPS will respond in the long hall.

Tank looks great. Lots of fish and lps look happy!

How many kessills are you running? I know in the beginning you were only running 2.

I would honestly try running your tank with out Zeo and see how it goes. Is there a reason why you run zeovit? Were you having a high nutrient problem? Was your tank not thriving? I've seen way too many nice tanks that don't run Zeo, to be a firm believer that Zeo is not necessary. Hearing that you lose color on corals, but gain it back after having to dose something sounds wild. Calcium reactor, water changes, and daily feeding seem like all I need to keep my acros colorful and happy. If your running zeovit, and can't keep SPS, maybe it's worth trying something different?

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great. Lots of fish and lps look happy!

How many kessills are you running? I know in the beginning you were only running 2.

I would honestly try running your tank with out Zeo and see how it goes. Is there a reason why you run zeovit? Were you having a high nutrient problem? Was your tank not thriving? I've seen way too many nice tanks that don't run Zeo, to be a firm believer that Zeo is not necessary. Hearing that you lose color on corals, but gain it back after having to dose something sounds wild. Calcium reactor, water changes, and daily feeding seem like all I need to keep my acros colorful and happy. If your running zeovit, and can't keep SPS, maybe it's worth trying something different?

I actually have 4 mini SPS colonies but my LPS are looking really good. I think the past couple months were challenging but i finally got the system down and things are looking really good. I stopped the ZeoVit for system for a few months and start back up with the basic 4 again. Then next thing you know my corals started flourish. Every coral i added in my tank since looked even better than when it was in the store. Xtra Special, and Coral Vitalizer are probably my favorite additives.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back