Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You get an old pic. He says that he's not in the mood for photos today lol
20230204_103603.jpg

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course.. Finally bought a UV sterilizer that will do double duty between the nem tank when needed and qt cycles when needed. Went with the new Aqua UV hang on unit.

Get home from work and they look all Glorious and barely any dinos for the day.

I think I bought too much pump for the uv.. Syncra 2.0 smallest output fitting is .75. looks like the barb on the UV unit is half inch.

Attachments

• PXL_20230208_010748864.jpg
    PXL_20230208_010748864.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 27

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Annnd your solution ??

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course.. Finally bought a UV sterilizer that will do double duty between the nem tank when needed and qt cycles when needed. Went with the new Aqua UV hang on unit.

Get home from work and they look all Glorious and barely any dinos for the day.

I think I bought too much pump for the uv.. Syncra 2.0 smallest output fitting is .75. looks like the barb on the UV unit is half inch.
Arghhh! I bought a Aqua hang on unit from someone on here and didn’t realize it was a hang on unit until I got it. So I called them thinking I was clever to get a replacement barb to barb unit (15w BTW) guess how much they are selling that for? $165... the whole unit is like two hundred bucks...

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arghhh! I bought a Aqua hang on unit from someone on here and didn’t realize it was a hang on unit until I got it. So I called them thinking I was clever to get a replacement barb to barb unit (15w BTW) guess how much they are selling that for? $165... the whole unit is like two hundred bucks...
Oh that was just for a hunk of plastic... No ballast, No quartz sleeve, No nothing... just the housing

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your hang on unit?

I wanted the hang on, because it'll be dual purpose and wanted it to be mobile between two tanks. Unsure if I'm going to be running it up the tank or into the sump as a loop.

Last edited:

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your hands on unit?

I wanted the hang on, because it'll be dual purpose and wanted it to be mobile between two tanks. Unsure if I'm going to be running it up the tank or into the sump as a loop.
I haven’t used it yet. In my set up I cannot use it in the sump, it just wouldn’t be physically possible. I haven’t decided whether to resell it or Macgiver it and make my own barb. But then I have a nightmare about it leaking and just emptying 40 gallons all over the floor.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t used it yet. In my set up I cannot use it in the sump, it just wouldn’t be physically possible. I haven’t decided whether to resell it or Macgiver it and make my own barb. But then I have a nightmare about it leaking and just emptying 40 gallons all over the floor.
Is there a reason you can't run it up over the back?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a reason you can't run it up over the back?
If you look at my build thread at the back of my cube... No..LOL That and I have some MP's back there as well. And... I would have to remake my screen top... The Horror.... :eek:

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Annnd your solution ??
My hardware shop has 3/4" npt to 1/2" barb fittings. $.68 each. I called them before they closed. I'll grab one tomorrow.

I will test flow tomorrow, from a 5g to a 5g bucket at the correct head height and see where we stand. Necking down will cut some flow.

I'm assuming you run uv for dinos at algae levels.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#friyaynight ...
need a link to nem build... ;) :)

edit... :rolleyes: new build...
Happy Friday Sir. Just forced myself to stop doing the work thing so it's about Yay time I suppose.

I do need to switch the link over. Thanks for the reminder.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after necking the SS 2.0 down to 1/2 tube, I flow tested it at the correct head height and got 230 gph which is just shy of the recommended 255 gph and I'm okay with this.

What I wasn't expecting is how much heat it was going to add to the relatively small system. Within a few hours of install, I was already setting off the high temp alarm (+2.5°), because my cooling fans were removed for the winter.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back