Fish poop with no fish in the system - sps nutrients

reefaboo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a die off of my fish in my sps tank ( some due to agression, some due to lack of care when im gone on vacation and some just dead ) now over the period of 8 months i lost a few fishies and down to 2 fish in a 50 gallon system ..

i dont want to add any more fish but clearly fish poop is one of the major things for sps to color up and grow..

was wondering what do you guys with no fish do to take care of nutrient needs of your corals ..

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are the 2 remaining large fish?
If you had a messy fish, like say an angel, then I think you should be fine with the bioload they create...

Also, I believe folks with ulns and no fish manually add nitrate (stump remover) or phos as necessary

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a die off of my fish in my sps tank ( some due to agression, some due to lack of care when im gone on vacation and some just dead ) now over the period of 8 months i lost a few fishies and down to 2 fish in a 50 gallon system ..

i dont want to add any more fish but clearly fish poop is one of the major things for sps to color up and grow..

was wondering what do you guys with no fish do to take care of nutrient needs of your corals ..

You could feed your coral with a plethora of coral food, I use Oyster feast and Reef Roids but there are a ton of options out there.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 144 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.6%
Back