Flakes or Pellets what is the latest and greatest

Wilsoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish go nuts over the Cobalt Aquatics Mysis Pellets. I rotate between that and LRS Reef Frenzy. My fish have no interest in New Life Spectrum Pellets anymore.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish go nuts over the Cobalt Aquatics Mysis Pellets. I rotate between that and LRS Reef Frenzy. My fish have no interest in New Life Spectrum Pellets anymore.
I purchased a small amount to try it out as I learn about different brands. @Wilsoni What do you think about the Omega one mysis ?

Wilsoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a small amount to try it out as I learn about different brands. @Wilsoni What do you think about the Omega one mysis ?

You're referring to the freeze dried Mysis right? If so, I have yet to try it out. I have shied away from freeze dried foods to be completely honest.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're referring to the freeze dried Mysis right? If so, I have yet to try it out. I have shied away from freeze dried foods to be completely honest.
I would not feed freeze dried either, it just my schedule does not allow me be around at feeding some times. That is one reason that I am asking, and the other is for algae control issues. Needless to say the fish in my tank are well feed:)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use ocean nutrition formula 1 and 2 plus prime reef flakes and spirulina flakes for dry food and have been using it for over 10 years and since my yellow tang sunny is over 15 years old and still a bright yellow I have no complaints

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use ocean nutrition formula 1 and 2 plus prime reef flakes and spirulina flakes for dry food and have been using it for over 10 years and since my yellow tang sunny is over 15 years old and still a bright yellow I have no complaints
Holly cow. that is awesome. I have the ocean nutrition formula 2 that I have been feeding. looking to kick it up a little when I am not there for meals. Most of the reef crew really do not care except Matt the Matted filefish. The reason for look out for Matt is he is my aptiasia control. Thank you for your input @Bdog4u2

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stepped up my auto feed mix by adding a table spoon of reef bugs!
20160317_122843.jpg

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hikari seaweed pellets, new life spectrum tropical fish formula medium size pellets, cobalt freeze dried brine shrimp flakes, and a tablespoon of reef bugs. The mix fills up my eheim auto feeder.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stepped up my auto feed mix by adding a table spoon of reef bugs!
20160317_122843.jpg
very interesting, I have read a couple of other posts with members using the reef bugs

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back