Flame angel trio or other suggested red fish….

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a large custom tank that houses many fish including red colored flame angel, flame hawk and H.Tusk. I’m doing another Custom tank thats 10” long and am trying to add red to the fish list. No wrasses as have had no luck mixing them with tangs and angels which will feature.

An option would be something interesting like a trio of flame angels ( I know thats a repeat but would be cool). Has anyone had any experience with 3 flame angels in a large tank? Will it work?

Any other suggestions for red colored fish for a FOWLR? Thx

IMG_2434.jpeg IMG_2433.jpeg IMG_2432.jpeg IMG_2436.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a large custom tank that houses many fish including red colored flame angel, flame hawk and H.Tusk. I’m doing another Custom tank thats 10” long and am trying to add red to the fish list. No wrasses as have had no luck mixing them with tangs and angels which will feature.

An option would be something interesting like a trio of flame angels ( I know thats a repeat but would be cool). Has anyone had any experience with 3 flame angels in a large tank? Will it work?

Any other suggestions for red colored fish for a FOWLR? Thx

IMG_2434.jpeg IMG_2433.jpeg IMG_2432.jpeg IMG_2436.jpeg
Honestly, you’ve removed the main source of red fish. A trio of flames could work but you’ll have to get them all female which can be hard as it’s not easy to sex most angels.

I’m surprised you’ve struggled to mix angels and tangs with wrasses as I know several others who have managed to do it - I also have angels and wrasses mixed personally.

OP
OP
Flame2hawk

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, you’ve removed the main source of red fish. A trio of flames could work but you’ll have to get them all female which can be hard as it’s not easy to sex most angels.

I’m surprised you’ve struggled to mix angels and tangs with wrasses as I know several others who have managed to do it - I also have angels and wrasses mixed personally.
I guess at end of day, not a big wrasse fan as most have life expectancy of only ~5 yrs. Thx!

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Miniatus and v-tail groupers are gorgeous red. You would need to plan your tankmates accordingly, obviously. V-tail stays pretty small, for a grouper, 8-10".

OP
OP
Flame2hawk

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Miniatus and v-tail groupers are gorgeous red. You would need to plan your tankmates accordingly, obviously. V-tail stays pretty small, for a grouper, 8-10".
THX BUT unfortunately they are predators that attack and eat other fish.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good suggestion. Thx
Be careful with any Hogfish, they will often go for species that are similar in body shape. And they can become predatory to smaller species that fit in their mouths.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THX BUT unfortunately they are predators that attack and eat other fish.
They won't attack anything. Eating fish depends in your stock list.

Your tangs will be absolutely fine. By angels, do you mean dwarves? What else will you keep?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back