Flasher and fairy wrasses dying in hypo-QT

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve put all my wrasses through copper; velvet/ich can hide in the gills while the slime coat prevents the telltale spots. Those pale spots could even be bite points that drew secondary infection.

IMO if you are going to QT wrasses you almost need to treat them all. Next thing you know something slipped through unnoticed and you end up in an emergency display break-down type situation.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also worth noting, my flame wrasse often has ruffled, whitish scales and/or a little chunk out of his tail. And it’s my rhomboid. Most of the time they swim together no issue, but every now and then the rhomboid takes a cheap shot at him. The worst injuries usually happen when no one is looking, it’ll just turn up looking like it had a bad night.

Sometimes aggression isn’t obvious, even generally docile species wrasses have more dominant individuals and some fish become more aggressive during quiet times or overnight.

OP
OP
swensos

swensos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re both eating like pigs now, so the antibiotics are working. There is a little nipped finnage from chasing, but not lots.

Which copper product is recommended for wrasses and how slowly do you bring it up to therapeutic? I have a smart ato for hypo, so it should keep the copper level stable, right?

Back