OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, didn't have any damage but I live on an island in the marsh and the one and only causeway is flooded. Police came and baraccaded it off earlier today. So now I'm without power for an unknown time, no clue when I will be able to get out of the marsh and about enough water to last through tomorrow, maybe another half day after that. This is kind of scary.

Ahhhhhh, sorry:)

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, didn't have any damage but I live on an island in the marsh and the one and only causeway is flooded. Police came and baraccaded it off earlier today. So now I'm without power for an unknown time, no clue when I will be able to get out of the marsh and about enough water to last through tomorrow, maybe another half day after that. This is kind of scary.

Curious as to what island....my sister is from Callawassie Island and they evacuated. They too were told that the access road/bridge would be flooded. They are now being told to not consider returning until Wednesday. They know they have no power.....but do have a whole house generator. Claiming too many trees down and localized flooding.

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power is still out in my area. I'm hearing rumors that Duke Energy has to rebuild infrastructure at the plant, possibly. And we may be down for a week or more... I have my skimmer and return on the generator all day, mp40's running on battery back up through the night. Hoping...

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as to what island....my sister is from Callawassie Island and they evacuated. They too were told that the access road/bridge would be flooded. They are now being told to not consider returning until Wednesday. They know they have no power.....but do have a whole house generator. Claiming too many trees down and localized flooding.

It's a small area, I don't even think it has a name technically but we refer to it as Isle of Wight. It's not even an island really but it's surrounded on all sides by river and then marsh everywhere. Two neighborhoods and only one road that goes in, and it goes over the larger river. A man from the power company did manage to get across the causeway a little bit ago once the tide went out. He said he was scouting all the problem areas and was going to try to have a truck or two out here tomorrow.

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power is still out in my area. I'm hearing rumors that Duke Energy has to rebuild infrastructure at the plant, possibly. And we may be down for a week or more... I have my skimmer and return on the generator all day, mp40's running on battery back up through the night. Hoping...
That sucks. Hopefully that's just an extra long estimate. I'm on Duke Energy too. Ugh.

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power trucks came through and fixed all the main lines in my neighborhood, but they haven't fixed the small lines going to individual houses. Took a bike ride around and looks like I'm one of the few left without power. Trucks have already left for somewhere else so looks like I'm without for another day. My fish are not doing good, had a hermit crab bail out its shell and die, a couple random worms are crawling out onto the sand bed and dying and I've got a big brittle star that is becoming increasingly unresponsive. :(

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power trucks came through and fixed all the main lines in my neighborhood, but they haven't fixed the small lines going to individual houses. Took a bike ride around and looks like I'm one of the few left without power. Trucks have already left for somewhere else so looks like I'm without for another day. My fish are not doing good, had a hermit crab bail out its shell and die, a couple random worms are crawling out onto the sand bed and dying and I've got a big brittle star that is becoming increasingly unresponsive. :(

Is there a way to get a generator or borrow one from one of the neighbors that have power?

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks. Hopefully that's just an extra long estimate. I'm on Duke Energy too. Ugh.
They are getting power up here fairly fast. Did you get power yet?

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still without power as well. Running generator off and on. Rigged a marine battery to my MP40 so I can run that overnight. Duke sent an email that said we should be up by Sunday. Yay. [emoji23]. Such is life. On the bright side the tank never even hit 81 today.

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to get a generator or borrow one from one of the neighbors that have power?

I noticed about 5 people with generators, and from what I have observed they are people that I do not feel comfortable associating with unfortunately. I did see an ad from a town over from someone selling a generator they bought and ended up not needing. I don't have 300 cash on me though.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So sorry you are having to watch that:(

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed about 5 people with generators, and from what I have observed they are people that I do not feel comfortable associating with unfortunately. I did see an ad from a town over from someone selling a generator they bought and ended up not needing. I don't have 300 cash on me though.

Any neighbors close enough to run an extension cord? We have a bunch that have run cords so people could at least keep their fridges powered. But, we have a great neighborhood with small yards.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New update is power isn't expected to be back on until Saturday. Thankfully I found someone with a generator I can borrow so hopefully that will last. Fish are ok right now but the brittle star is dropping legs and all my rock flowers are flopping around on the sand bed. I think my blasto is dead and one of my Pom Pom crabs lost an anemone.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New update is power isn't expected to be back on until Saturday. Thankfully I found someone with a generator I can borrow so hopefully that will last. Fish are ok right now but the brittle star is dropping legs and all my rock flowers are flopping around on the sand bed. I think my blasto is dead and one of my Pom Pom crabs lost an anemone.
Great news on all fronts:)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 154 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back