Flow question

kutcha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok So I posted this video in the euphyllia freaks FB group and got a few different answers from move my hammers closer to the sand bed to could use a little more flow but seems good. So I am posting this hoping to get a larger pool of replies because I want to make the most educated move before I change anything in the tank. Below is a short video of my tank I have been trying to get the flow right please tell me what I need to change or if you think I should move the hammers lower or anything.

Attachments

• 20231228_161454.mp4
    43.9 MB

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its perfect, I might even try bumping it up another 5% (but thats just me), but if your happy it looks really great, its got good flow all throughout

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you post from you tube, your inquiry will be seen by more. IMG_1998.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have these corals been in this flow pattern?

If you move them every couple of days trying to find the perfect location the corals will not thrive. Let them get used to the location for at least a month, if not a year. Along the way, if one doesn't look happy all the time then move that one.

Same for changing the flow. Leave it alone and see how each coral responds where it is.

Who can tell you if the flow is perfect or if the lighting is off, or visa verse by looking at a video? Nothing looks bad for lighting and flow but only your corals know for sure, (and of course Jesus, and He* isn't big on social network participation from what I can gather.) :cool:

*If He replies, listen to Him.:thinking-face:

OP
OP
kutcha

kutcha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have these corals been in this flow pattern?

If you move them every couple of days trying to find the perfect location the corals will not thrive. Let them get used to the location for at least a month, if not a year. Along the way, if one doesn't look happy all the time then move that one.

Same for changing the flow. Leave it alone and see how each coral responds where it is.

Who can tell you if the flow is perfect or if the lighting is off, or visa verse by looking at a video? Nothing looks bad for lighting and flow but only your corals know for sure, (and of course Jesus, and He* isn't big on social network participation from what I can gather.) :cool:

*If He replies, listen to Him.:thinking-face:
They have been sitting in that flow pattern for probably 9-12 months and I never moved the corals from were they are just the intensity or location of the pumps so the corals have been in those spots for about 18 months

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 145 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back