For sale very rare and beautiful anenome.

mibwb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine must be rarer...they have silver streaks on them....or it might be the lighting. I'm thinking of practicing the fine art of fragging on them. But if they're rare, I should probably practice on a bounce mushroom first.

blackgrouper79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you recommend them for beginners or are they an expert only neem? Do clown fish like them and if so do you think I could just start out with just one or would I need more than one so they can pick a favorite?

mikeandkerry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you recommend them for beginners or are they an expert only neem? Do clown fish like them and if so do you think I could just start out with just one or would I need more than one so they can pick a favorite?
You will probably need more than one ....

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

blackgrouper79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will probably need more than one ....
That could get expensive are they $100/each or for that whole piece? Someone mentioned that they don't need much light which is good because I only run 3 CFLs over my 90 gallon. The guy I bought it from on craigslist was trying to sucker me into this big hood with like 6 tube florescent lights. I really like being able to look straight down into my tank and his hood would've blocked my view and set me back like another $100. His hood/bulbs put out just over 300 watts and use just over 300 watts while the CFLs that I got from Homedepot only use like 20 something watts but put out 100 watts each so it was a total no brainer. Three lamp cords and 3 government mandated CFLs only set me back $28. I would've gone with the regular incandesce light bulbs because they are so much cheaper but I couldn't find the 100 watters anywhere I even asked an employe and they said they don't carry them because of some government law and recommended the curly CFLs. I guess I'll just have to suck up the cost and deal with the mercury when these bulbs fail but I'll be saving a ton in energy cost and the government does know best right?

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to help you out because that's the kind of person I am. You're marketing these all wrong so I decided to fix it "bro"!

@Battlecorals says: I pulled the EXIF data and the photo is legit.

@sexycorals says: I better snag these, saturate them to death and make the big bucks.

Name - Unicorn Blood Shot Eye Anemones
Camera - Iphone with orange, purple and green gel filter
Lighting - 18 blue plus T5's, four 20K radiums halides, seven 24 watt black light, 32 Blue Reefbrite Led strips and one daylight Power Compact
Starting bid - 399.00
I only have 2 available so get yours before they're gone.

Aiptasia10months.jpg

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha... This could get interesting if Mikey and Adam are paying attention.
Im hoping they are! I gotta give them a hard time. LOL
Sexy Mike is always slackin but I'm sure Adam will chime it.

OP
OP
tdyrkacz

tdyrkacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to help you out because that's the kind of person I am. You're marketing these all wrong so I decided to fix it "bro"!

@sexycorals says: I better snag these, saturate them to death and make the big bucks.

Lighting - 18 blue plus T5's, four 20K radiums halides, seven 24 watt black light, 32 Blue Reefbrite Led strips and one daylight Power Compact
Starting bid - 399.00

Aiptasia10months.jpg

Mine look just like that once the moon lights come on. To answer some of the questions. You really only need one to get started, but I recommend buying more to help them spread out faster. Once they are established you will not be able to get rid of them. They are not just for experts in fact beginners will do best with them.

I received some low ball offers over PM and I just want to say this. If you're asking for a lower price or if you're asking if the unicorn is $100 per head or for the whole thing then I don't think you can afford them. You should probably stick to duncan and hammer corals.

blackgrouper79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Starting bid - 399.00

Aiptasia10months.jpg
I just sent you a PM I call dibs! If we have to go the ebay route watch out for that last second snipe. I've never seen something with so much color my 2 blue clown fish with yellow tails (my genius of a wife keeps calling them Dori for some reason) will have to learn to love these neems. If I have to I'll put them all into one of those in tank quarantine tanks till they take.
Those lights sound expensive does home depot carry them? Do you think the 3 100 watt soft white CFLs I've been running will be enough light?

blackgrouper79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine must be rarer...they have silver streaks on them....or it might be the lighting. I'm thinking of practicing the fine art of fragging on them. But if they're rare, I should probably practice on a bounce mushroom first.
Can you youtube the fragging process please I'm not saying I'm lacking in experience I just want to see how other people do it.

Ryengoth

I wish I was in St John USVI
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Starting bid - 399.00

Aiptasia10months.jpg

Pair this species up with a rainbow acan and you'll have a magical marine wonderland

jakub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually got exited for a second. Im a sucker for rare NEMS.... Thanks for the emotional spike! o_O

ReefJunky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen aptasia anemones of that magnitude before! If I see any in my tanks, I get out the weapons of war (a siphon hose/air line tubing and kalkwasser paste with syringe) and exterminate every one I can find.
Bwoo Hahaha!!!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 32 42.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back