Ford finally got his 2 fish out of Quarantine!

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just put a fecal sample under the scope from one of my new Anthias. There was 1 Uronema in it. I couldn’t believe it. I’m starting to think they might be in more fish than we think. Yes...only 1 single Uronema in the poop string. The fish (3 Anthias and 1 bicolor Dottyback) are all doing great.

This makes me wonder why it’s only one Uronema and how quickly do they multiply? The fish are on Copper Power and by tomorrow or the next day it will be up to therapeutic. I’m feeding food soaked with Seachem Metroplex and Selcon binded with Focus. I will continue to observe the fecal samples and see if the Metroplex does indeed kill Uronema and just how long it takes.

A FW dip obviously had no affect because it’s already internal and I’ve found out the hard way that even treating the fish with multiple medications and clearing them externally still had no affect on the internal Uronema. By multiple medications I mean Copper, Acriflavine, Chloroquine Phosphate, Formalin, and API General Cure. None of these were able to kill the ones that were inside.

Just FYI, I’ve had good luck getting these fish to eat Metroplex soaked in PE Mysis, but was unable to get my last batch of fish to consistently eat API General Cure soaked in pellet food. I think the fish do not like the smell of the Praziquantel. I hope this Metroplex does the deed.

Back