Foxface

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember, Foxfaces are a timid fish at first. The lack of light helps to slow down that rapid breathing a makes him feel a bit secure, but it also will make him less active. What you can do in a couple of days is cover the back and ends of your tank and then turn the light on in the room so he gets some light but it's not glaring. Remember to have a cover over the top of the tank. Foxfaces are very quick and startle easily, he could very well shoot right out of the tank. Mine has hit the screen top before. But yes, you want to feed him. I'd start with what he knows first, make sure he's eating that well then you can try other things.

Yes, it's a biocube so it has a top. I put an algae sheet today, will feed some mysis tonight.

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember, Foxfaces are a timid fish at first. The lack of light helps to slow down that rapid breathing a makes him feel a bit secure, but it also will make him less active. What you can do in a couple of days is cover the back and ends of your tank and then turn the light on in the room so he gets some light but it's not glaring. Remember to have a cover over the top of the tank. Foxfaces are very quick and startle easily, he could very well shoot right out of the tank. Mine has hit the screen top before. But yes, you want to feed him. I'd start with what he knows first, make sure he's eating that well then you can try other things.

He is much more yellow right now than before, and he's just wedged in the middle corner of the tank looking at his reflection below.

CJD18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah my foxface tends to shed a clear film after eating, typically a few times a week. Freaked me out the first time I saw it floating in the tank.
I was worried, lol about mine doing that. Thought it was his poop all messed up!!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back