• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

frozen feeder for euro braced tank

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The upper section now has more openings with an outer ring which lets you adjust how many you want open. Thinking of redesigning the holes in the bottom so it will go from fully closed to max half open. That would give more adjustability and work better for lower flow tanks and allow the food to just sink out of the feeder better. This can also be made with a rimless tank holder instead of the euro brace.
1607267099165.png

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Are there any updated designs? I'm interested in a rimless version.
Rimless would not be hard to modify. I had a new thought for the holes in the bottom, basically allowing for half the bottom to be open if desired.

You would want it pretty close to the tank wall if it's rimless?

reefd00d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rimless would not be hard to modify. I had a new thought for the holes in the bottom, basically allowing for half the bottom to be open if desired.

You would want it pretty close to the tank wall if it's rimless?
It's hard for me to understand how it mounts to the rim of the tank. I have a DIY lid that uses the IM screen clips (pic attached). Would it be similar to that, so I can still use the lid? Also how far is the tube from the glass now? I'll be installing a porthole, so hopefully they can line up a little. And updated design, I was just referring to the holes in the bottom (maybe 3 or 4 holes, instead of two).

Attachments

• 41kw4YBxrYL._AC_SX425_.jpg
    41kw4YBxrYL._AC_SX425_.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 60

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard for me to understand how it mounts to the rim of the tank. I have a DIY lid that uses the IM screen clips (pic attached). Would it be similar to that, so I can still use the lid? Also how far is the tube from the glass now? I'll be installing a porthole, so hopefully they can line up a little. And updated design, I was just referring to the holes in the bottom (maybe 3 or 4 holes, instead of two).
Yes slips over the edge with two screws on the outside to hold it secure.
How thick is your glass?
The screen rests on top of the horizontal portion of the clip?
What is the distance from the top of the tank to the water level and would it drop during feeding? so how much?
Last question to use with a portal. Distance from inside edge of tank to center of the portal?

I will take some pictures later when I have a rough design modification to fit your tank, screen and portal

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rough design.. I have the rimless bracket. Currently it's for up to 3/4" thick glass so that can be reduced. I dropped the top down to allow for the drop in screen but not sure it's far enough. I changed the holes in the cups to half circle which basically allows anything from a pizza slice opening to up to half the bottom open as pictured. It can be extended outward from the tank wall depending where your portal is from the edge of the tank. It's meant to be adjustable up and down via the trapezoid shaped connector rod. That rod can be adjusted in length as well, and probably will need to be because the the screen cover above the bracket.
IMG_4266[1].jpg
IMG_4267[1].jpg

Bluegrass Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I searched for a solution for a euro-braced option for several months and decided to go with my own modification to the Eheim Feeding station ($15). I used aquarium-safe silicone on a magnet from a worn-out wave pump attached to the grey Eheim platform. I attached a tumbler-style feeder to the other magnet using 3M Command Strips. Perfect distance to clear the frame of my mesh topper.

I also drilled a 5/16" hole so that I could run water from my return into the Eheim cup. I purchased a loc-tite adapter with a nipple to accept a tube that runs to the cup. Now the pellets are stirred up to hydrate and sink slowly into the tank.

This has been working perfectly now for 2 months. Much cheaper and has no mechanical parts to fail like the expensive alternative being marketed.

Back