GHL On Sale - BRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NervousReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried to get the controller and the doser kit. Only was able to get the latter, we’ll see

Last edited by a moderator:

madlos123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well they always say in their video "curated shopping experience" lol

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's definitely an error as the prices are all over the place. Some things are 10 times more expensive than retail price whereas others are 10 times less.

I saw it last night and thought about ordering but couldn't be bothered with the hassle of returns/refunds when they realise. It's pretty obvious that it is a mistake so I don't think you would get away with the 'I didn't realise' argument.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's definitely an error as the prices are all over the place. Some things are 10 times more expensive than retail price whereas others are 10 times less.

I saw it last night and thought about ordering but couldn't be bothered with the hassle of returns/refunds when they realise. It's pretty obvious that it is a mistake so I don't think you would get away with the 'I didn't realise' argument.
There won't be any returns to hassle with. The prices are either accurate and we all get our orders or, the more likely outcome, is they cancel all orders and refunds happen quickly.

They can't charge your card for more than the invoice without approval. That's illegal.

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I would have seen this last night. I woulda thrown some stuff in my cart for the hell of it. GHL mini wifi is still cheap but not enough to justify buying it

UnderwaterGamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following to see what happens with your orders, fingers crossed this is a nice 2022 gift for you all! Wish it was still in stock and I would’ve joined in lol

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There won't be any returns to hassle with. The prices are either accurate and we all get our orders or, the more likely outcome, is they cancel all orders and refunds happen quickly.

They can't charge your card for more than the invoice without approval. That's illegal.

No, but they can demand that you return the item; if you have opened it/used it than there is where it will get sticky.

Their legal argument will be that you knew it was wrong. A similar thing applies if a bank accidentally deposits money in your account by mistake (as Santander did over Christmas). You don't get to keep the money.

Hopefully it works out for those taking advantage of BRS for them making an error. I was tempted to do the same, but I can't be bothered with the drama.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If they do ship them by mistake, then I would leave them unused and sealed for quite a while, just in case they come asking for them back.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they do ship them by mistake, then I would leave them unused and sealed for quite a while, just in case they come asking for them back.
Although a mistake, once the items are delivered, I do believe the transaction has been finalized. I can easily see them cutting this off before it gets delivered..but once delivered..i think its game over.

I saw the pricing and although I have an itchy trigger finger, I promised myself that I was done with BRS...and I am sticking to it. I just wish they would delete my account already. I have only asked 5 or 6 times.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't see them shipping by mistake. It's likely they're already aware of the issue

Yet they still haven't fixed all of the rest of the prices that are wrong on the website.

There are some obvious ones (the doser nozzles for $120) and some less obvious ones (dosing pump hose $19). You can't trust any GHL prices on their website at the moment.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yet they still haven't fixed all of the rest of the prices that are wrong on the website.

There are some obvious ones (the doser nozzles for $120) and some less obvious ones (dosing pump hose $19). You can't trust any GHL prices on their website at the moment.

Pricing is fixed as of now.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the fun question will be...how loud will the whining be when all of these orders get cancelled and the very people who tried to take advantage of an obvious mistake try to make a public relations nightmare for BRS just so that they can resell it on ebay?

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the fun question will be...how loud will the whining be when all of these orders get cancelled and the very people who tried to take advantage of an obvious mistake try to make a public relations nightmare for BRS just so that they can resell it on ebay?

If they cancel, I can't see a huge stink coming from it. People may post on here complaining but the vast majority of us understand it was a mistake.

If they don't cancel, how many BRS haters are going to acknowledge them for going above and beyond when they clearly don't have to?

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they cancel, I can't see a huge stink coming from it. People may post on here complaining but the vast majority of us understand it was a mistake.

If they don't cancel, how many BRS haters are going to acknowledge them for going above and beyond when they clearly don't have to?
I am more upset about how many people KNEW it was a mistake yet placed orders anyway. It really is stuff like that that really makes me question humanity at times.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sort of surprised that BRS hasn’t joined this thread to inform people of the outcome. Maybe they will acknowledge the error and honor it…..who knows? I don’t have any skin in the game either way but find it interesting.
Like @BroccoliFarmer i am wondering if it doesn’t go through if people will get mad and make a fuss about it.

corey

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am more upset about how many people KNEW it was a mistake yet placed orders anyway. It really is stuff like that that really makes me question humanity at times.

While I figured the pricing was a mistake, I also figured BRS might be discontinuing GHL like they did with the Coral Care 2. I bought one of those when they put them on clearance. The discount wasn't nearly as much but it saved me close to $400 off retail.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I figured the pricing was a mistake, I also figured BRS might be discontinuing GHL like they did with the Coral Care 2. I bought one of those when they put them on clearance. The discount wasn't nearly as much but it saved me close to $400 off retail.
If it was on clearance, it would have clearly been on clearance with the original price stricken through and the label of clearance.

1641055012973.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 95 47.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 65 32.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.5%
Back