GHL?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the club! The P4 is super sexy. I contemplated upgrading, but I really don't have a reason. The 3 is a beast and is ROCK solid stable. I've never had any issue w/ it other than finding a computer with a RS232 port. USB tp RS 232 conversion is a bit wonky sometimes. With the 4 you don't have to worry about that!

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@EdsReefOdyssey - I HOPE SOON B.C I NEED PARTS BRS,
@Bulk Reef Supply can you order for me the 2 pump doser the GHLSA MAXI DOSING PUMP B/C I AM getting ready to buy it from a company I normally don't buy from.

I found a brand new never used GHL P4 ULTIMATE SET CONTROLLER FROM SOMEONE ELSE - and I could not pass up the deal since it has note been released in the USA, well at least I could only find to pre-order one but yet here I sit with the flagship of aquarium controllers ever built. BOOM!

I GOT SUCH A GOOD DEAL I COULD NOT PASS IT UP SO I HAD AN APEX BLOW OUT SALE & SOLD ALL OF MY GEAR.

TANK INFO: Custom Rimless SC-150 w/ 20'' Synergy Overflow box incl Pro4 Ult set.

We aren't taking pre-orders, but we are expecting the shipment to deliver today (assuming Winter Storm Jaxon doesn't interfere!) so we should have products available on the site within the next week or so!

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any shot at you guys getting the full system and doing an in depth video series like you did with the Apex?

It's not currently in our onboarding plans as we've felt that the Apex and Reefkeepers cover the needs of most reefers, and are products we'd recommend.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has there been any discussion on carrying the kh director and/or the reagent?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has there been any discussion on carrying the kh director and/or the reagent?
I know there has been discussion, but I am not 100% on where that left. I think the kh director is not quite ready, if I remember correctly. I'll double-check tomorrow when @Zack@BRS is back in!

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there has been discussion, but I am not 100% on where that left. I think the kh director is not quite ready, if I remember correctly. I'll double-check tomorrow when @Zack@BRS is back in!

Awesome, Thank You! Being able to order the reagent would be really nice down the road!

BeachBum2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it certainly can't hurt!
Pleeeeease.
274129-Sad-Puppy.jpg

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Confirmation that the KH director was not available for purchase when we placed our order.

The other products will be announced tomorrow :)

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 2 cents. Neptune is forcing me to buy a new WiFi controller since some new products do not work with my, now classic, controller. I am seriously looking at the GHL for two reasons, so far everything they have created still works on older platforms. The second reason, is for aesthetics, the P4 just looks prettier on a shelf with a 2.1 or Maxi dozer, which i have and love. Maybe i am the only one that doesn’t like the APEX “wall” i would much rather have a system that saves me room. BUT i am nervous to try and learn a new system, so an honest GHL vs APEX pros and cons video would be very helpful. I know the Doser will sell great on the store, but I too would like to see GHL products in your store. We all love your great service and already great product line.

Frankly, i feel you should carry everything German made in your store, Royal Exclusiv, GHL, etc.

I think you should use the ULM series to compare and contrast different controllers!!!
Just a food for thought.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not currently in our onboarding plans as we've felt that the Apex and Reefkeepers cover the needs of most reefers, and are products we'd recommend.

Not sure I understand this, are you saying you wouldn’t recommend the ghl controller? The reefkeeper isn’t even a consideration for me and I’d really like to see you guys carry a comparable apex alternative. I have and apex and since I have to upgrade to use the triton I’m seriously considering the ghl. Ascetically, I agree the ghl is more appealing also the limited space it takes up is very appealing as well. I try to purchase from you guys whenever possible, I’d hate to have to purchase elsewhere when I’m ready. It’ll still be some time before I need it so I’m hoping to find it on your site eventually.

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to answer for them but I would say they’re not telling you not to get a ghl controller but the market share is too small to really be on BRS radar. I suspect. At one point in time the profilux could do so much more than the aquacontroller/apex. Now its very competitive.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS did sell the Vertex Cerebra when it was first released. I would recommend the Profilux over the Cerebra, from personal experience. Does BRS plan on selling the new Cerebra when it's released again? Has to be another reason other than market share and BRS recommendation.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe there's not enough meat on the bone with the main controller packages. Neptune doesn't distrubute straight to the public, neither does Vertex, not sure about Reefkeeper? Probably has more to do with GHL having their own distribution warehouse in the US that we can order from directly than anything else.
Regardless, still awesome that BRS is bringing in some items from GHL! It's a start!

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All about money and margin... I suspect to fully support a new controller/platform requires a substantial investment in inventory with low turnover (i.e. I have an original Apex purchased new when they were introduced that has been through 2 moves, 4 aquariums, 3 skimmers and 2 radically different "methods" of reef keeping).

FWIW: hardwire if at all possible. It's so much more stable...

M

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I understand this, are you saying you wouldn’t recommend the ghl controller? The reefkeeper isn’t even a consideration for me and I’d really like to see you guys carry a comparable apex alternative. I have and apex and since I have to upgrade to use the triton I’m seriously considering the ghl. Ascetically, I agree the ghl is more appealing also the limited space it takes up is very appealing as well. I try to purchase from you guys whenever possible, I’d hate to have to purchase elsewhere when I’m ready. It’ll still be some time before I need it so I’m hoping to find it on your site eventually.

Definitely not the case! GHL is a solid brand with great products. Currently, the Apex line is our recommendation for those in the market for a controller. Even the reef keeper can do what needs doing for those who wish to use something cheaper/more simple. We try to keep our line-up fairly focused to products we personally recommend and use, or can see a situation where a large group in the hobby would find value in it. That also enables our CS team to be very knowledgeable on a variety of products so they can help with questions beyond general order support.

That said, we're always reviewing new opportunities and evaluating customer demand/requests - and I do mean that!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back