OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words Phil. I'm sad to say the pepermint shrimp experiment did not work. I added a few of them, but I believe they eventually took each other out once they molted. That was the case were I added 6 fire shrimp and 10 cleaner shrimp in the main display only to end up up with a pair of each. I think its best to add copepods and mysid shrimp to feed the main display naturally.

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, the pairs of shrimp I do have breed regularly, as well as some of my fish (cardinals). This all becomes food for the fish. :)

Last edited:

phil_pl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words Phil. I'm sad to say the pepermint shrimp experiment did not work. I added a few of them, but I believe they eventually took each other out once they molted. That was the case were I added 6 fire shrimp and 10 cleaner shrimp in the main display only to end up up with a pair of each. I think its best to add copepods and mysid shrimp to feed the main display naturally.

Also, the pairs of shrimp I do have breed regularly, as well as some of my fish (cardinals). This all becomes food for the fish. :)

Thank you for the good info. I have been thinking of adding as many different types of pods as I can to the fuge for diversity and higher chances for success. Does your fuge gravity feed back into the system or is it pumped?

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the good info. I have been thinking of adding as many different types of pods as I can to the fuge for diversity and higher chances for success. Does your fuge gravity feed back into the system or is it pumped?
Sure thing. I have a 40 breeder sump that sits on a ledge above the tank and gravity feeds back into the tank.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will work on it Brett. I hope your back is feeling better.

Thanks Jim, it's getting there. I've been off work for two days, I'm gonna go back tomorrow and see how it goes.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel for you. I threw out my back once changing a diaper. :squigglemouth:

That's just not fair, LOL. I'm a construction worker and I threw mine out playing with the kids, what's the odds.

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I am glad you are taking your own time out to post this stuff bro, It gives people hope of the ultimate system, great job.
Also thanks for ideas that I am using, lol. The Youtube vids are a great idea and are cool. Thanks for the posts and updates to your system man, great job...

OP
OP
gimmito

gimmito

Jim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I am glad you are taking your own time out to post this stuff bro, It gives people hope of the ultimate system, great job.
Also thanks for ideas that I am using, lol. The Youtube vids are a great idea and are cool. Thanks for the posts and updates to your system man, great job...

Thanks for the kind words ! The vids express so much better than pics. Hopefully, other hobbyists can implement some ideas into their dream seat up as I have from others.

Back