Glass box dreaming: What do you consider to be the most desirable brand of aquarium on the market right now?

What do you consider to be the most desirable brand of aquarium on the market right now?

• AquaForest

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Cade

Votes: 43 11.6%
  • CDA Fish Tanks

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Eshopps

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • JBJ Aquariums

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Innovative Marine

Votes: 49 13.2%
  • RedSea

Votes: 50 13.5%
  • Reef Savvy

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • WaterBox

Votes: 66 17.8%
  • Custom

Votes: 29 7.8%
  • Other

Votes: 53 14.3%
  • Planet Aquariums

Votes: 20 5.4%
  • Glass Cages

Votes: 16 4.3%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glass box dreaming: What do you consider to be the most desirable brand of aquarium on the market right now?

If you could get any brand of tank that you wanted or maybe you are recommending a new tank to a friend or fellow hobbyist, what brand would it be? I mean, what do you consider to be the most desirable brand of aquarium on the market right now? Red Sea continues to be a top brand even though there seem to be a wide range of opinions and experiences. WaterBox continues to innovate and produce stellar options. JBJ and Innovative Marine have been producing solid tanks for a long time. There are also newer brands to the reef tank scene like Cade, AquaForest, Eshopps, and others. There are excellent custom tank builders like Glass Cages as well as Reef Savvy tanks which are expensive and the supply is limited. Please avoid bashing any particular manufacturer and let’s focus on what you consider to be the most desirable brand of aquarium on the market right now.

ReefStache_Cade1800.jpeg

Photo by @ReefStache

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.topshelfaquatics.com
TSABanner2.jpeg

“Top Shelf Aquatics helps you feel confident in the quality, reliability, and consistency of getting everything you need for a perfect saltwater aquarium. From corals and fish to inverts and aquarium supplies, you can count on us to provide you with a seamless reefing experience.”

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one that doesn't leak.

Here in SoCal Visio/Advanced Aqua Tanks is a good local producer. Had two tanks over a decade or two and no issues.

Gman83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I picked other because I think there are several I would love: Cade, Glass cages, CDA, and IM.

I know I want a peninsula, so it will come down to size and cost when I'm ready to pull the trigger. I don't care about glass clarity, it all looks the same to me. Right now I'd rather get regular glass if it could mean 50 more gallons.

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally take anything, random thing from tetra, salifert for tests, ASF for dosing supplements like waste away and other, JBL for some other thing and Ciano or Aquatlantis for filters or aquarium.

gunnarmcc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current tank is an IM and I think they’re hard to beat for their value. However I’d like to pick up an Ultum Nature Reef system and see how they work. Haven’t seen one in person but it looks like a solid little platform.

reef tank 2.0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for me, brand doesn't play into the equation one bit. If there is a tank that suits my needs, as well as my wallet, then I'm golden. Obviously, as long as it doesn't leak and all is well when in operation, then life is good :)

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other - if reef ready aqueons were easier to find it would be all I bought
Aqueon are the only aquarium I have ever had and before them I only bought All Glass Aquariums. I have always used HOB overflow boxes. With variable speed return pumps its easy to match the drain capacity to the return pumps output so that the overflow box does not lose a syphon.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM or reef ready aqueon(i'm a simple guy lol) tanks
IM or reef ready aqueon(i'm a simple guy lol) tanks
I have one of the reef ready aqueon 4ft 120, you can ask your LFS to order some for you, pretty sure they're avaliable on the wholesaler list quite frequently

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back