Glass box dreaming: What do you consider to be the most desirable brand of aquarium on the market right now?

What do you consider to be the most desirable brand of aquarium on the market right now?

• AquaForest

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Cade

Votes: 43 11.6%
  • CDA Fish Tanks

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Eshopps

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • JBJ Aquariums

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Innovative Marine

Votes: 49 13.2%
  • RedSea

Votes: 50 13.5%
  • Reef Savvy

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • WaterBox

Votes: 66 17.8%
  • Custom

Votes: 29 7.8%
  • Other

Votes: 53 14.3%
  • Planet Aquariums

Votes: 20 5.4%
  • Glass Cages

Votes: 16 4.3%

• Total voters

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
custom made forsure you will never get what you want from a ready to go tank ppl are always modding

bigbugoutfitters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at getting a custom from scaquariums. They’re 150 penninsula but 20” tall instead of 24. I’ve got short arms!
If anyone knows of a more affordable tank I’d love to know but I haven’t found something more budget friendly yet.

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly while there a lot of tank builders that do amazing work if I ever buy another tank it’s going to be a aqueon from Petco when they’re 50% off. I’ll slap a Lifereef HOB on it with a diy sump and jaebo pump and call it a day. Nothing holds its value and at least if I shut down a 75 gallon aqueon I’m out less than 150$. I’ve got too much “high end” equipment sitting in my garage that either nobody even made an offer on or the offer was ridiculous lol.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small Reef Savvy (125) and I am well pleased with it.

OU812Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass box dreaming: What do you consider to be the most desirable brand of aquarium on the market right now?

If you could get any brand of tank that you wanted or maybe you are recommending a new tank to a friend or fellow hobbyist, what brand would it be? I mean, what do you consider to be the most desirable brand of aquarium on the market right now? Red Sea continues to be a top brand even though there seem to be a wide range of opinions and experiences. WaterBox continues to innovate and produce stellar options. JBJ and Innovative Marine have been producing solid tanks for a long time. There are also newer brands to the reef tank scene like Cade, AquaForest, Eshopps, and others. There are excellent custom tank builders like Glass Cages as well as Reef Savvy tanks which are expensive and the supply is limited. Please avoid bashing any particular manufacturer and let’s focus on what you consider to be the most desirable brand of aquarium on the market right now.

ReefStache_Cade1800.jpeg

Photo by @ReefStache

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.topshelfaquatics.com
TSABanner2.jpeg

“Top Shelf Aquatics helps you feel confident in the quality, reliability, and consistency of getting everything you need for a perfect saltwater aquarium. From corals and fish to inverts and aquarium supplies, you can count on us to provide you with a seamless reefing experience.”
Just my opinion I would say Proclear ProStar

MizzouMark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed my second Miracles aquarium. Highly recommend them.

ejsanchez92399

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current tank is an IM and I think they’re hard to beat for their value. However I’d like to pick up an Ultum Nature Reef system and see how they work. Haven’t seen one in person but it looks like a solid little platform.

Yeah UNS' new Reef systems look amazing!

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I saw this topic I was thinking ELOS no doubt. Then I come in here and see there is not option for elos on the polls lol.

Richsoar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have no idea of the brand of any of my tanks. I've never bought a new one, always used tanks off of E-Bay or from Pet stores going out of business.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprised not to see TankmeUSA - custom quality that you see from Reef Savvy but much more personal attention. Unbelievable quality and very attentive to providing a tank that meets your specific exacting standards.

fendanto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a Glass Cage coming my way soon! So I’m a bit biased, but if I was looking for a ready to go product and money wasn’t an option, Cade is probably the game.

VDC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Savvy is without question the best aquarium builder for the best tank you can buy….

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I could get ANY BRAND of tank I wanted!! I'd roll back the clock about 25 years and go buy another OCEANIC!! My 300 is over 25 yrs old I believe, I've owned it for about 11 years now, and the guy I bought it from said he had it set up for 10yrs and in storage for 5yrs before I bought it.

Funny thing is, I feel a little bad for the guy I bought this tank from now, it must have really hurt for him to let this beauty go for only $600. I understand the look I got when I handed him the money now all to well.

Since Time Travel will never be invented (Proven by the fact that if we did invent it, we'd go back in time and destroy everything. Like in the movies!!) I'd look first at Planet Aquarium, but I'd check out Glass Cages as well.

cnaegler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other....I went with Customaquariums.com because I really like their external overflow boxes. I was looking around their site at the overflows and noticed they custom built aquariums as well so I had 1 quoted and it was close in price to the same sized acrylic tank I was looking at. It just got delivered the other day and it looks great. It's got a custom, black aluminum frame with removable center braces to put in large rock structures. It saved me $ over buying a brand name tank and helped out a small business at the same time.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 78.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back