Gold Maul Palys, are they melters?

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a rock of 9 gold mauls. They're pretty much the nicest zoas I have. I've heard constantly about darth mauls being melters, does the same apply for these?

goliwala

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought both gold and Darth mauls together. Bothb went from two to 10 or so polyps and just decided to melt away. I did have close to .10 PO4 but that didn't affect 30 or so other kind of zoa. Both mauls melted away over 2 weeks period.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darth mauls grow at weed speed for me. Golds melt just as fast. I only tried gold once with a 3p piece. Maybe had them a month and they weren't as pretty as pictured, very small polyps. Always open but just disappeared. I have a ridiculous collection definitely was not due to pests. I speculate the gold are a bit more sensitive to light.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but what is the difference between gold mauls and darth mauls? i am doing a cb auction an dthey have some they call cb golden darth maul! I know they lik eto change names of zoas alot and slap their initials in front of it! I am attaching the pic! Its pricey at 99 a polyp but shipping is paid. What do they usually go for? I am starting a high end zoa collection! Are these even high end? I cant seem to find much info on them!

Attachments

• golden darth maul.jpg
    golden darth maul.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 28

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know this is an old thread but what is the difference between gold mauls and darth mauls? Are these even high end?

the difference is the color…
darths are obviously the hue of a deadly sith lord.
gold mauls are, well… gold.
and they definitely are melters.

high end is a rather ambiguous term.
i'd personally lean with are they in demand…
and the answer is no.

if you were to dive further into the mauls type of zoas you will find there are only two strains that are always in high demand.
dayglo volcanos and flaming mohicans

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had Gold Mauls twice. First try was 1p to 2p, then melted. Second try was 3p to 12p, then melted.

I had similar experience with Darth Mauls. Meanwhile, my Emerald Mauls seem to be doing fine at around 15p now.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had Gold Mauls twice. First try was 1p to 2p, then melted. Second try was 3p to 12p, then melted.

I had similar experience with Darth Mauls. Meanwhile, my Emerald Mauls seem to be doing fine at around 15p now.
Thinking of getting some emeralds! Are they as bright as some of the pics I have seen?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son has a frag of gold maul PALYS that he got a frag swap a few months back. Hasn't really done anything in that time other than add 1 polyp. I've got Brohicans, which I assume is a take off of the flaming mohicans.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am involved in a sale and he has both brohicans and emerald mauls. The brohicans look exactly like my cb grand master strats. Does anyone know if they are the same? Cb always renames zoas! Are the emeralds melters? Fast growers?

Tavero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a rock of 9 gold mauls. They're pretty much the nicest zoas I have. I've heard constantly about darth mauls being melters, does the same apply for these?
All zoas are potential melters. Some are just more prone than others.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All zoas are potential melters. Some are just more prone than others.
I realize that but I am reading that seems to apply more to mauls. He is shipping tomorrow so not sure if I should add them they are bright as hell!

Tavero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize that but I am reading that seems to apply more to mauls. He is shipping tomorrow so not sure if I should add them they are bright as hell!
Do you have other designer zoas that are growing with no issues? Blue hornets, magicians, bowsers or similar always open, puffy and multiplying? If yes, they probably will be fine.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back