Gold Stripe Maroon clown tank mates?

joseph scott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fairly new to the hobby and I want a gold stripe maroon however I cant find much on the internet about tank mates a currently have two pajama cardinals in the tank, the tank is 65 gallons. thanks for looking I guess I just want to know if a maroon can live safely with cardinals.
Fangs blennies can be mixed with just about any fish, are always out in the water column, tank bred, inexpensive fish. The only downside I have with them is their short life span, about 5 years.

OP
OP
deztheclownfish

deztheclownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few last questions about a maroon clown, so I have been told they need to be added last since I'm a budget man (its hard to be a budget reefer lol) I don't plan to get many more fish if I was to get more fish they would be a watchmen goby and pistol shrimp, and maybe a royal gramma, so my main question is would it be okay to put a maroon in the tank now? my local pet store has a maroon at a steal price and I just want to know if it would be safe to put it in the tank now?

pezcadoazul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have a gold stripe maroon? if so any tank mate recommendations? :)
I’ve had a gold striped maroon clown for almost 20 years who has been territorial toward tank mates but not excessively aggressive toward those who stayed out of her territory including yellow and sail fin tangs, blue chromis and a cardinal hawkfish. Since her anemone wasted away a couple of years ago she has become very chummy with a mandarin dragonet. When the lights go out they can often be found in close proximity, often touching, behind a rock where the anemone used to be attached in a corner of the tank. She is not a passive fish, however, as she is very aggressive toward my hand when I clean the glass behind her rock. I don’t know if others have witnessed this type of relationship between maroon clowns and mandarins, but based on my experience I would recommend that you consider a mandarin dragonet.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back