Good morning America just contact me about my palytoxin experience.

TreyC2010

But baby, the fish need it....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though I don't agree with the interview, I see why you'd want to do it. If the media has negative things to say then the rest of us will just have to speak up and speak the truth. If your story saves someone then congratulations on that. That's a true victory. We are a big group that has a lot more truth to back up a bunch of lies from the media. If it's needed then we'll be louder than them. Don't let this interview divide what I've found to be an amazing tool/group for the hobby.

runzwithscissors

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread... wow. o_O

My prediction is this thread casts the saltwater "community" in a negative light waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than the OPs interview does.

I totally disagree. It shows the real passion that reefers have about their hobby. We may not all agree on each and every aspect, but at least we show some concern for a hobby (obsession) that is truly for a select few. There are many things that may or may not happen over a simple interview. But for people to take the time to voice their concerns shows a true passion. Pick another hot topic not related to this industry and you will surely get the same differed opinions. That doesn't make this a negative thread.

runzwithscissors

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Hilarious. It's amazing peoples need to hand out unsolicited advice. Good luck man

If you post on any forum, you automatically invite solicited or unsolicited advice. You can't expect to hear just what you want to. If you don't want unsolicited advise, it's probably better to send a private message to the person you want advice from. The idea of a forum is to garner advice from many

Last edited:

BNUTTHEHUT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's YOUR opinion...and who the heck asked ya?

:D
That's why it's funny! It was an informational post, designed to create public awareness about a specific topic. A good topic that some people aren't aware of. He never asked for anyone's advice in any post hence unsolicited advice. So it wouldn't be my opinion it would be fact.

OP
OP
Superrmario

Superrmario

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally didn't need the attention, but they awareness does. Do you for think for one moment that I wasn't aware of the repercussions? This is the last place I feel I would received such a negative reaction.

This would have been brought to light whether I did the interview or not. The basis on the interview is from what the CDC release a few days ago.

Many people are stating GMA is a nonsense source. If so, what is everyone worried about?

Kurt Copeland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why it's funny! It was an informational post, designed to create public awareness about a specific topic. A good topic that some people aren't aware of. He never asked for anyone's advice in any post hence unsolicited advice. So it wouldn't be my opinion it would be fact.

In the history of online forums, has there ever been an established forum etiquette or ubiquitous example of a forum post which did not solicit a response? If you post a comment, you should expect a response. You're doing it right now! Repeatedly! :)

NicksMixedReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has become pointless lol they interview happened, it's going to air no matter what is said. Let's wait till tomorrow to find out! It might actually not be bad!

Myka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened to "The Friendliest Saltwater Forum on the Net"?

I just read thru it all, and as a European, i could only smile, shake my head and think in a very british accent; "ohw you Americans".

;-) just so much overreacting and love for doom and gloom.

I was thinking the same thing, but you were able to say it better than I could, so I didn't say anything. :D PS I'm Dutch too. :p

Last edited:

human

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My concern with this whole ordeal isn't with him doing the interview, it's why does GMA want to do this interview. Hopefully it's just to spread awareness, it doesn't seem to fit with their normal news though. How many more incidents are we going to hear about, after this airs, from people that just want to stir the pot. Fingers crossed that there are no negative repercussions from this.

bfam4t6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning America simply wants to be more like Advanced Aquarist and R2R. Don't forget both sites are equal members in the media that you are describing, operating under the same advertising-based profit model.

Sorry, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, so all I'll say is...

Advanced Aquarist and R2R, I believe, are quite different from Good a Morning America in a number of ways. To me, the most glaring difference is that Advanced Aquarist and R2R, while certainly striving to make profit, do so by focusing and specializing on the reef keeping hobby, while Good Morning America simply specializes in being entertaining on television early in the morning. I guess one could argue that Good. Morning America does specialize in interviews...??

I'm not saying profit is bad. What I was trying to say in my last post is "check their motive!" We all know that traffic slows down to gooseneck at car wrecks. It's no big secret that people are attracted to catastrophes. I guess I was trying to think like a prudent business man, and I'm assuming that the producers at Good Morning America are too, when I assume that maximizing profit(viewers in this case) is the goal, and that these producers are aware that spinning this story into an impending catastrophe with an "Oh Thank God!" surprise happy ending is statistically the most likely way to deliver the most viewers. So, I can only assume that ABC hire producers as smart as or smarter than I am, and that they surely want to be successful, and their drive to be successful will make them not give two giggly wiggles about being "fair." Business is not fair. It's war with pens and paper.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll admit I didn't read the whole thread and it may have already been mentioned but anyone know how GMA got the lead on a story a couple years old anyways?

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll admit I didn't read the whole thread and it may have already been mentioned but anyone know how GMA got the lead on a story a couple years old anyways?
If I understand correctly the cdc just released their report of The incidents recently.

Back