Got a PICO reef? Show it off here!

rizorido

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8 gallon AIO with 6 gallon display volume.. not sure it is considered as pico.....
1477683222274.jpg
1477683241993.jpg

I posted your tank :)

jazonPartij

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pulsing xenia is the only coral not doing that great. It's right in the center if you can't see it.

Also I have two Neon Red Gobys, well one I think. Either he's so small I can't find him for a couple of days or the Fire shrimp ate him. What do you think?

IMG_1477774537.582731.jpg

Javeii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any questions ? I'm here to answer lol
Here, I got one for you. I'm new to aquariums in general and currently maintaining the 5g fluval that sits on my mom's work desk. Naturally, she wants to load it up with all the corals I show her. "Like that one," was the reply I got when I showed her your tank.

What would you say is the most important aspect of keeping a tank like that? Is your setup high-tech and mostly automated, or do you just do regular cleanings and water changes?

Thanks

rizorido

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here, I got one for you. I'm new to aquariums in general and currently maintaining the 5g fluval that sits on my mom's work desk. Naturally, she wants to load it up with all the corals I show her. "Like that one," was the reply I got when I showed her your tank.

What would you say is the most important aspect of keeping a tank like that? Is your setup high-tech and mostly automated, or do you just do regular cleanings and water changes?

Thanks

Water changes and tank stability is key

BobE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pulsing xenia is the only coral not doing that great. It's right in the center if you can't see it.

Also I have two Neon Red Gobys, well one I think. Either he's so small I can't find him for a couple of days or the Fire shrimp ate him. What do you think?

IMG_1477774537.582731.jpg
Check the over flow area. I have the same tank. What pump are you using? I upgraded mine with a marineland maxi-jet 600. Power head mode 160gph. Circulation pump mode up to 750gph. I use it as my circulation return pump And it's only 2.5 gallons lol the sps love it. Nice tank btw

Last edited:

jazonPartij

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the over flow area. I have the same tank. What pump are you using? I upgraded mine with a marineland maxi-jet 600. Power head mode 160gph. Circulation pump mode 750gph. And it's only 2.5 gallons lol the sps love it. Nice tank btw

Thanks. It's been up for about two months. So I'm just keeping my fingers crossed at the moment that I'm doing everything right. I do feel like the water isn't turning over enough with the stock pump. Maybe I'll do the same as you.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 24.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back