Green star polyp - white film, polyps not opening

dudluk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

There is a bit of white film on my green start polyp, it started maybe 2 weeks ago, I thought it may go away after a few days, but it hasn't. Initially I thought it might be caused by stomatella snails that I saw grazing around when I first saw it (there is a bit of an algae). but now i'm not so sure, I haven't seen them near the green star polyp for a while.

I cleaned the coral with a brush and dipped it in Aquaforst protect dip but it came back after 2 days. The polyps covered with this white thing doesn't open.

My parameters when I last checked are:

Nitrate: 3.1
Phosphate: 0.2
Alkalinity: 8.1-8.5
Temp: 25-26C
Salinity: 1.024-1.026

There's no fish in the tank, just 1 turbo, 2 stomatella and cleaner shrimp.

Any ideas what it might be and how to treat it?

Pictures below:

I had the same issue with one of my zoa frags, bur after cleaning the zoa it's been fine for a few weeks. The link to the thread bellow:

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
0.02 is too low for phosphate. 0.03 is absolute minimum for most tanks, and probably too low for nutrient-demanding corals like GSP. Your nitrate is also too low- 5ppm is a good minimum, and again, more is better for soft corals.

It's likely stressed from low nutrients. If you don't plan to add fish any time soon, you should probably start dosing nutrients to keep your corals alive.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back