GSP not opening

Chicken_Biscuit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My green star polyps haven’t opened in weeks and I’ve notice when I’ve tried moving them they secret a milky white substance. I’ve done a coral dip with iodine and CoralRX to make sure it isn’t going to go onto my other corals. Should I be concerned? My GSP in my little tank is blooming and they’re using the same water and the chemistry is the same in both.

Jessereef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My green star polyps haven’t opened in weeks and I’ve notice when I’ve tried moving them they secret a milky white substance. I’ve done a coral dip with iodine and CoralRX to make sure it isn’t going to go onto my other corals. Should I be concerned? My GSP in my little tank is blooming and they’re using the same water and the chemistry is the same in both.
Too much light?

wisnia99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your nutrients? They like dirtier water.

OP
OP
C

Chicken_Biscuit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your nutrients? They like dirtier water.
My big tank is running a bit cleaner phosphates being close to 0 but not zero since my goniopora are doing fine. My nitrates are close to 0 as well. It’s a mixed reef with mostly sps and a bit of lps toward the bottom.

wisnia99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My big tank is running a bit cleaner phosphates being close to 0 but not zero since my goniopora are doing fine. My nitrates are close to 0 as well. It’s a mixed reef with mostly sps and a bit of lps toward the bottom.
in that's case I would not try to make the water more dirty maybe some trace elements are bottomed out I would do ICP

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back