Growth yellow tang in a 30g

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol yeah I actually like your approach, and I’m glad you have fish that have lived long lives (even if only a few fish in total). If you ever add a sixth let me know, lol. Where in Canada are you by the way? What’s the hobby like in Canada? Is it easy to get most of the stuff one can get in the States, including captive bred livestock?

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol yeah I actually like your approach, and I’m glad you have fish that have lived long lives (even if only a few fish in total). If you ever add a sixth let me know, lol. Where in Canada are you by the way? What’s the hobby like in Canada? Is it easy to get most of the stuff one can get in the States, including captive bred livestock?
For sure , no problem getting captive bred stock imo. Many coral/ invert dealers especially, around the country . Port Perry Ontario, bout an hour and half northeast of Toronto. Lake Scugog.

SneaksMcdoogle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, fish (tangs) should be fed as much as they can eat. If the food is gone late afternoon, they you should add more food the next day. After a few trials, you know the amount of food needed and added just the right amount. I have multi feeding stations for my tangs in term of Nori clips in addition to the algae in the tank and automatic pellets though out the day. Frozen and flakes in AM and a variety of different thing in the evening when I get home, when the light still on.
Below is my Yellow tang, I got him when he was about 1.5 inches. The body without the tail is about the size of the quarter. Now, about 3 years later, he is about 5 inches. He slow a lot in growth the last year. I consider him to be at optimal health. He always have a full stomach, which I rarely see in aquarium fishes.

YellowTang2019062402.jpg

YellowTang2019052801.jpg
IMO, fish (tangs) should be fed as much as they can eat. If the food is gone late afternoon, they you should add more food the next day. After a few trials, you know the amount of food needed and added just the right amount. I have multi feeding stations for my tangs in term of Nori clips in addition to the algae in the tank and automatic pellets though out the day. Frozen and flakes in AM and a variety of different thing in the evening when I get home, when the light still on.
Below is my Yellow tang, I got him when he was about 1.5 inches. The body without the tail is about the size of the quarter. Now, about 3 years later, he is about 5 inches. He slow a lot in growth the last year. I consider him to be at optimal health. He always have a full stomach, which I rarely see in aquarium fishes.

YellowTang2019062402.jpg

YellowTang2019052801.jpg
He’s cute and looks great.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.7%
Back