Hanging a light fixture...

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How have you guys done yours?
This is how I did my last one, but I want something that looks way more sleek and modern to go with my new tank. Want to get the setup on there before I put it against my wall :)
DSC_0147-1.jpg

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont have pics of mine off hand but i have alwas been a fan of just two thin cables hanging from the ceiling. easy clean and very strong.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do just what you got there but cut the bracket down just below the fixture and set it on top of the 90deg. Brackets or arms if you will.. That way there is nothing above the fixture and the 3 or4" below would be hard to see... You got a nice looking fixture just hide the brackets with it... If that makes sense lol..

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I did Ryan, then painted it black: DIY An Inexpensive (Light) Hanger Kit - Reefkeeping.com

I returned the "pipe bender" when I was done (don't tell Lowes ;)), and it only cost me ~$20 compared to the $200+ one I was looking into ordering.

I just used one post and cold JB-welded a nut through the top of my fixture so it mounts directly to the post... nice and clean :D

aquarium001.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back