Hanna checker/calibration

Dedicated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone knows what the alkalinity calibration is supposed to read for my checker. Mine didn’t come with any instructions. Thank you

OP
OP
Dedicated Reefer

Dedicated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If so could I send you a video to see if I’m doing it correctly and if mine is calibrated properly

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If so could I send you a video to see if I’m doing it correctly and if mine is calibrated properly

Sure. It is straightforward though they should have sent a clear vial you put in as c1 then put in the colored vial for c2. I think the color is supposed to be 100 exactly and so you should gett a result of 100 if perfect. I think they use the range 90-110 because of moe of checker and because of variation in the color vial

OP
OP
Dedicated Reefer

Dedicated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure. It is straightforward though they should have sent a clear vial you put in as c1 then put in the colored vial for c2. I think the color is supposed to be 100 exactly and so you should gett a result of 100 if perfect. I think they use the range 90-110 because of moe of checker and because of variation in the color vial
Not really sure about the 90-110 mine is reading 5.8

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's just a difference in the checker you have it reads in dkh rather than ppm. 5.3dkh is around 103ppm so that would be considered reading correctly according to hanna and pretty close to the 100

Also would add it makes no sense to me why their calibration checker is not even close to the level we run reef tanks at it seems to me to make more sense if their checker standard was more like 8 dkh....but it is what it is and your 5.3 reading indicates the checker is working as expected

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just realize that ALL Hanna calibration vials say nothing about the accuracy of the test as you are using it. It is just a check on the electronics.

If the reagents or methodology are flawed, that colored water vial will not detect any problem.

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Instructions from my kit:

Hann Alk.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 110 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.0%
Back