Hawaii Yellow tang

rocket098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for Hawaii yellows tangs I have some good news. There has been a favorable court ruling for the reopening of wild fish harvesting in Hawaii. Although harvesting is still illegal the court recently ruled that the Board of Land and Natural Resources has enough information to make a decision on reopening harvesting. Prior to this there was a lengthy study that was being proposed by Earthjustice, which is an environmental activist organization. The need for the study has been rejected and I believe shortly the state will reopen its wild fish harvesting again. I would advise anyone looking for yellows to wait as the population of them has actually surged. Once harvesting begins prices should stabilize. I would caution against buying yellows that are being smuggled out as there are no legal channels in obtaining these fish. You can help by raising awareness about the lates news and hopefully we can bring back these beautiful fish into our aquariums.

Bladezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for Hawaii yellows tangs I have some good news. There has been a favorable court ruling for the reopening of wild fish harvesting in Hawaii. Although harvesting is still illegal the court recently ruled that the Board of Land and Natural Resources has enough information to make a decision on reopening harvesting. Prior to this there was a lengthy study that was being proposed by Earthjustice, which is an environmental activist organization. The need for the study has been rejected and I believe shortly the state will reopen its wild fish harvesting again. I would advise anyone looking for yellows to wait as the population of them has actually surged. Once harvesting begins prices should stabilize. I would caution against buying yellows that are being smuggled out as there are no legal channels in obtaining these fish. You can help by raising awareness about the lates news and hopefully we can bring back these beautiful fish into our aquariums.
This is great news! Are you able to provide a source for this information? I don't see anything new in a quick google search.

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never surprise me how quickly sticks can rebound.

Red Snapper in the Atlantic are a prime example….

OP
OP
rocket098

rocket098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fun Fact: Hawaii isn't the only places yellow tangs are collected.
It is the only place where they are found in large quantities. Quantities large enough to harvest. Also I believe if you want that special yellow color it is predominantly from HawaiI.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Only a number of permits will be issued and I would be shocked if prices came down drastically as I think with the past pricing, many wholesalers will dwell on the $500 range and boast they are true/rare hawaiian.

haitian_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only a number of permits will be issued and I would be shocked if prices came down drastically as I think with the past pricing, many wholesalers will dwell on the $500 range and boast they are true/rare hawaiian.
They can keep their $500 yellow tang

Johnz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other fish were affected? I know the yellow Tang was the biggest casualty of the Hawaii ban, but I remember reading there were other fish we couldn't get at an affordable price also

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1661729170145.gif

Here’s to hoping that yellow tangs become affordable again…

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back