Help! Clownfish with swollen lips

recess62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing with this is it didn't happen until a day after transfer #3 which was to just plain tank water. If it was a reaction to the PraziPro wouldn't this have shown up during the two transfers when the PraziPro was added to the QT?

Not necessarily. There are many types of allergic reactions ranging from immediate acute life threatening to reactions that take days to develop. In kids you can get an allergic reaction with the first dose or after 10 doses. You can also see an allergic reaction after the medication has been discontinued In general local types of allergic reactions tend to take about 48 hours to truely mature. It is called a delayed type hypersensitivity.

I find this very interesting

OP
OP
Lenny_S

Lenny_S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today the swelling is almost completely gone, if I didn't have the other clown to compare to I wouldn't actually notice. He's also eating voraciously, tomorrow will be the last day of Erythromycin treatment. So either it was a sensitivity to the PraziPro or some kind of infection. In either case it is cleared up almost completely.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back