Help me i.d. what these are ??

aidy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all wondering if someone could help me I.d. what these are ?? They look like egg packets of some sort stuck to the glass, but can't find anything on the Web to suggest what they are,
1000013506.jpg

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all wondering if someone could help me I.d. what these are ?? They look like egg packets of some sort stuck to the glass, but can't find anything on the Web to suggest what they are,
1000013506.jpg
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I don't recognize these offhand (though they do remind me of one very rare hitchhiker I haven't been able to ID in the past) - could you get both a couple of zoomed out pics showing them on the glass to give an idea of scale and a closer up pic of just one of them with a black background? (You could get the black background by just holding a black bowl or piece of plastic or something behind them in the tank - the black background just adds higher contrast for the ID).

OP
OP
A

aidy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I don't recognize these offhand (though they do remind me of one very rare hitchhiker I haven't been able to ID in the past) - could you get both a couple of zoomed out pics showing them on the glass to give an idea of scale and a closer up pic of just one of them with a black background? (You could get the black background by just holding a black bowl or piece of plastic or something behind them in the tank - the black background just adds higher contrast for the ID).
Of course I'll retake some photo's later when I get home form work, since this first photo another column of 6 has appeared at the other end of my tank on the glass, alas no culprit lol each "pakcet" I do know is about 2 to 3 mm in size

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course I'll retake some photo's later when I get home form work, since this first photo another column of 6 has appeared at the other end of my tank on the glass, alas no culprit lol each "pakcet" I do know is about 2 to 3 mm in size
Haha, yeah, if I can't help with an ID, then you can always setup a camera to watch the tank and see if it can't catch something in the act.

OP
OP
A

aidy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi sorry for any delayed reply or lack of new photos, had the unfortunate event of throwing my back out so been quite mobile to be honest, but during my time at home instead of work I think I spotted the culprit from afar I.e. the other side of the living room, and I'm fairly sure these "egg pakcets" as I'll call them are from one of my nassarius snails it was very close to a new "packet" on the glass and I then watched thw snail bizarrely just drop off the glass to the sand bed, something I've never seen before, and sice that it's done the same or one of them has a couple of times now

OP
OP
A

aidy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi sorry for any delayed reply or lack of new photos, had the unfortunate event of throwing my back out so been quite mobile to be honest, but during my time at home instead of work I think I spotted the culprit from afar I.e. the other side of the living room, and I'm fairly sure these "egg pakcets" as I'll call them are from one of my nassarius snails it was very close to a new "packet" on the glass and I then watched thw snail bizarrely just drop off the glass to the sand bed, something I've never seen before, and sice that it's done the same or one of them has a couple of times now

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 171 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back