Help!!! My zoa's and paly's are melting away.

Otter_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a quick search on fungal and or bacterial infections. Maybe what you got. If this is whats going on you have to get on it right away. It can wipe every single zoa in a tank if its left untreated. I collect zoas and have had many outbreaks. Some outbreaks come on slow and some hit so quick and hard you will think your tank is about to crash. Good luck and I will follow thread and help if I can.
+1 I agree with jtotheb. This is most likely the problem. Keep any melting zoas away from healthy ones. I also agree with using carbon whenever you have an issue like this. Good luck.

Triston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isthere a still active thread concerning this? I'm having the same trouble with my zoanthids. First the polyp closes and then the flesh starts to turn brown. They melt soon after. I've tried all the tips that are listed above to no avail. Already lost 37 Rastas, 1 Cornbread White Zombie, 6 Sonic Flares, 5 pink zippers, and many others. This is costing me hundreds of dollars.

20160526_092427_HDR.jpg

20160526_092652_HDR.jpg

Triston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water parameters are Cal-420 Alk-11 Mag-1300 PH-8.0 Ammonia-0 nitrate-0 nitrite-0 phosphate-0 temp-78.9

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back