HELP! New Waterbox 130.4 Aquarium Return Line Leak

RaisingKane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with any insight into this issue - please let me know. Just set up the new Waterbox 130.4 - did a leak test on the overflow which showed no issued and then turned on the pump. Noticed a leak between the tube and the plastic barb from the return pump hose. Of course Waterbox support is closed today, so hoping someone has experience in this area as I have no idea how to solve this issue. We have tried to move the hose up and down, zip-tied to make it tighter and no luck. It keeps leaking at the point where the hose and the plastic part meets.

Attachments

• IMG_8989.MOV
    29.2 MB

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20220227-124146_Chrome.jpg
These will tighten much better than zip ties and are removable and reusable.

blacksheeptina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with any insight into this issue - please let me know. Just set up the new Waterbox 130.4 - did a leak test on the overflow which showed no issued and then turned on the pump. Noticed a leak between the tube and the plastic barb from the return pump hose. Of course Waterbox support is closed today, so hoping someone has experience in this area as I have no idea how to solve this issue. We have tried to move the hose up and down, zip-tied to make it tighter and no luck. It keeps leaking at the point where the hose and the plastic part meets.

blacksheeptina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes it’s hard but, better to buy new hardware from the manufacturer directly. It’s a pain but, it works. Good luck!

OP
OP
RaisingKane

RaisingKane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the oring/gaskets for the bulkhead connection. It's a fairly common failure point. Usually just needs to be reseated.
Thanks, that is not where it is leaking. Its as is there is too much pressure and the water is coming back out of the tube.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot from your video.
99.9% looks like you not pushed the hose up enough so that retaining clip isn't grasping the hose onto the fitting underneath so need push hose up higher but also make sure clip grabs the outside hose but pipe is directly beneath it.

Needs to be flat on flat if get me.
I also see you say barbed fitting which alot of hoses go on barbed fittings but if the barbs are to raised and not enough contact between outside hose and internal barb fitting then could also be problem .
But if all the parts/ pipes/ hoses are from waterbox then they should be fit for purpose.
But just look at that hose like i first said

Screenshot_20220227-180519_Video Player.jpg

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot from your video.
99.9% looks like you not pushed the hose up enough so that retaining clip isn't grasping the hose onto the fitting underneath so need push hose up higher but also make sure clip grabs the outside hose but pipe is directly beneath it

Screenshot_20220227-180519_Video Player.jpg
That's more than likely it. I couldn't get the video to work (android phone).

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little illustration with my beautiful drawing ha ha .
You want it to be like drawing on left but seems and looks like in your video you got it like drawing on right

20220227_181151.jpg

OP
OP
RaisingKane

RaisingKane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little illustration with my beautiful drawing ha ha .
You want it to be like drawing on left but seems and looks like in your video you got it like drawing on right

20220227_181151.jpg
100% the issue! We didnt have the clip underneath the fitting. The leak stoped as soon as we put that in place. THANK YOU!!!!

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And your drawing was perfect! Appreciate you taking the time do to that!
Your very much welcome,glad you got to bottom of your problem.
Good luck on rest of your tank and hope you and your family get great enjoyment from it ^_^

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 46 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 160 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back