Waterbox plumbing barbs too loose for the hose?

Amybolton2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new Waterbox infinia 125.
I’m having a hard time with plumbing it to the Vectra m2..
From my research it looks like the Waterbox has used a metric hose? And I need to convert it to standard to fit?
A little over my head, I bought the plumbing and went with this setup because I thought it was plug and play.

Anybody ran into this issue know of an easy way to make this transition? I’d rather not just stick a bunch of zip ties on it to make it tighter.

A little frustrating

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have pictures? I don’t have the 125 but waterbox came with a tightening clamp that has teeth and you squeeze it. Not sure if your vectra came with or has barbs, but it should slide on and just tighten the clamp.

OP
OP
Amybolton2

Amybolton2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll take some tomorrow, I ordered another barb kit just incase but I’ve tightened that black clamp down all the way and it still leaks out the bottom of the barb.
I’ve also just ordered some 32mm to 1” adapter things to see if I can get something together. My fault for not considering having to convert from metric to standard I guess

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the supplied black hose with your tank? The supplied hose for my WB Marine X 110.4 slips over the return barb fine. Its not overly tight but not completely loose either. WB included those plastic hose clamps to tighten the connection, but that clip lasted a whole week before it snapped in 2. The hose stayed on the return barb, I can see some occasional drop or 2 coming from it, but its nothing major.

But if you are using your own imperial hose to connect to the barb for the WB plumbing then yes, you either need to find another imperial barb for the tank, that works with the plumbing, or find a way to jam the metric hose onto your pump's imperial barb

Last edited:
OP
OP
Amybolton2

Amybolton2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the hose that came with the Waterbox tank, it’s a slightly clear white hose. I’ve ordered some stronger clamps too, it’s definitely too loose on my Vectra barb but it fits perfectly with the barb on the return line plumbing that Waterbox included. (First photo)

Attachments

• IMG_7214.jpeg
    IMG_7214.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7215.mov
    16.9 MB

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrap some Teflon tape around the loose barb for a better fit.
Then use a plastic clamp there too.

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the hose that came with the Waterbox tank, it’s a slightly clear white hose. I’ve ordered some stronger clamps too, it’s definitely too loose on my Vectra barb but it fits perfectly with the barb on the return line plumbing that Waterbox included. (First photo)
Weird, mine came with a black silicone hose, not this clear braided ones.

But anyways, as @Snoopy 67 suggested, you could wrap the vectra's barb with teflon tape to thicken it so it wont be too loose, or get a good quality SS hose clamp and force tighen the hose over the barb

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back