Help set up my tanks inline

Questin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 33 long that is doing pretty good, but can a person ever be happy with their tanks? Here it is
DSC00818.png

I have a lot of Zoanthids, and a good number or Ricordias, both Yuma and Floridas, and 3 happy clams.

I have tanks all over the house it seems, and I want to make use of some of them that I have not already made plans for, and if you are like me, plans seem to stay as plans for a very long time hehe. I have an 80 Gallon hex that I am going to make into a vivarium with dart frogs one day, and then I have a 65 gallon that is going to be a breeding tank for freshwater shrimp because I think they are awesome, and I love plant tanks. My largest tank is a 125 freshwater plant tank that is loaded with plants right now, its pretty awesome as well.

Anyways, I have this 33 long that is doing great, but I have gotten ahold of 3 more tanks, they are kind of small and older, so I want to put them inline with this 33 long. These 3 tanks I got are Oceanic tanks, 24x17x12 so that makes them as tall as the 33 long, and I like that a lot about tanks right now. Each of these tanks has a single hole drilled on the back that is about 10 inches up.

So here is the plan, but I would love to hear from you all about it. The 33 is not drilled, so I am going to have to put in a little overflow, something I already have laying around along with so many other things like all you I am sure. I will have that drain down into one of these Oceanic tanks, and I will set these Oceanic tanks up like a stairs system, one draining into the other and the last one having a pump that pushes the water back up to the 33 long.

Oceanic Tank One will have a Berlin Hang On Turbo Skimmer sitting inside it
Oceanic Tank Two will have some liverock and chaeto algae and be a Refugium
Oceanic Tank Three will have Mangroves, 10 of them, in sugar size substrate

Thats the idea, and I want to know what you think, and if I put the tanks in a good order, or if I should move their setups around.

gastone

I dig chicks with rics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds good. With all of those overflows/different levels you are introducing more points of potential failure into the system, but if that's a risk you are willing to take I say go for it.

If it was me, I'd have the refugium and mangrove above the main display so they could gravity feed into the display without the various pods going through a return pump. I think I'd go (top to bottom), refugium-mangrove-display-sump.

But that's just me. Besides, I like having a fuge and mangrove setup on display.

Good luck and post pictures.

Garrett.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 102 43.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 79 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 39 16.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.3%
Back