Help with build equipment

GK805Ojai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Need some help/advice for my new build. My plan was for an Inovative Marine 60sr but the weight of the empty tank is too much plus after our most recent 5.0 earthquake I am concerned about any glass tank. Both of my glass tanks spilled water; a lot of water. My acrylic freshwater tank hardly spilled any. I heard from my LFS some of their customers who had older glass tanks broke seams with the earthquake so I have decided to go back to acrylic and go with a 4 foot foot print either a 60 or 75. The problem is fitting equipment in the small slots on the back. Currently I have a 40 gallon cheap PetCo dollar sale tank which is working fine with an Aquaclear 110 and one hydor nano pump. I would like to put a CPR hob refugium on the new acrylic tank but not sure if it will fit. CPR makes a retrofit overflow box which I am thinking may fit over the refugium pump (I plan to contact CPR to see if this will work). If I can make this work do I really need the aquacler filter? Can I get by using the refugium as a filter as well as a place to grow pods? Just need a place for some ChemiPure. I do not want to do a sump so everything needs to be HOB. Any advice would be most appreciated. TIA.

Mangimi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I understand you correctly, you are talking about a 60g all in one acrylic tank?

Why not just go with a custom glass tank using a filter sump? I would always use a sump over an AIO tank (because AIO is all I have).

Just get the tank made and let the aquarium builder add bracing all around on the top. This should prevent water from splashing out and it'll make the tank strong as to prevent it from cracking.

Just like this tank here:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back