Help!

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be something but what about the 175 gallon elephant in the room?
Trade that for the smaller version plus whatever ya'll come up with. People are always looking to upgrade. Just like trading cars, so don't expect to get 10k back out of it. It would be possible to keep some of your livestock even.

OP
OP
AYM4DRIVER

AYM4DRIVER

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stockton, California isn't exactly a great location for aquarium trading, bad businesses and toxic water are a bad combination. The buyer's remorse is unbearable.

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stockton, California isn't exactly a great location for aquarium trading, bad businesses and toxic water are a bad combination. The buyer's remorse is unbearable.
Is there a club or more people into the hobby in San Francisco or San Jose?

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know and it's difficult for me to trust anybody at this point.
Not everyone is out to get something off of you. I think we all understand this. I'd be looking for someone that has an established system that can provide pics and details and trade them. Maybe even straight up depending.

OP
OP
AYM4DRIVER

AYM4DRIVER

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a water test with API tester
pH dropped to 7.4
The rst are pics of test results done about 30 minutes ago and the last 2 pics are from last week when the tank last looked ok. I started the thread with how it looks now, it's been dark for 2 days and the algae reigns.

test1.jpg

test 2.jpg

test3.jpg

test 4.jpg

may11-1.jpg

may11-2.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I do not see an ugly tank, if my tank looked like that at it's worst I would be thrilled, and trust me I know algae issues.

An aquarium should make you happy, relax you, you should enjoy it. If you have not enjoyed the experience thus far it might be time to find a different hobby.

OP
OP
AYM4DRIVER

AYM4DRIVER

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ridiculous amount of money spent compared to what I see makes this a stressful mission, regretting all $10K of it with every passing day.

orbitee2015

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to take it easy. The monies invested. Everyone had been there before. There is a ton of info available + everyone on here. Make a plan what to correct first and take your time. The major expense is done.

If you have questions ask. If it was easy everybody would have it. Once your there you will be proud of what you have.

Hang in there. :)

rantipole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To my newbie eyes, I see a tank that has an algae issue but otherwise looks great. It might take some trial and error and a little time to solve, but I think this tank could be turned into something awesome.

Cheers,
rant

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank has tons of potential. The aquascape looks nice too, imo. Your ammonia test looks funny and if it were correct, I barely see any green on my monitor. I would just check your salinity. If it's below 1.025, just mix 5 gallons of water of 1.025 and do a small 5 gallon water change. Then test salinity again. If it's still below 1.025, just repeat another 5 gallon bucket till you reach 1.025. But don't toss the salt directly into the tank. Just to be on the safe side, I would get a bottle of macrobacter7 for some added bacteria if your ammonia is spiking.

Aznxgqboyx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you running for export? Skimmer? How often you do water change? And everything dying when you put it in could the tanks ammonia be killing it? And you said you have disability, that doesnt stop you from anything, for example two 30-40g trash bins on a dolly with wheels and a pump with hose you can easily do water change no heavy lifting required at all. When was the filter/ resin on the ro/di last changed, they dont last forever. How often you feed your fish? There are alot of things that you never mentioned except wanting to throw the tank away

Aznxgqboyx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And believe it or not maybe its the sand thats causing all your problems, maybe go bare bottom, i had a friend that had algae problems and turns out getting rid of the sand helped everything

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back