Heteractis Magnifica ShowOff!

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya who knows.Im trying to get the pics of my cell to here,I had a red based tine 4" one for a long time,one year actully,but cant get pics on here.

twiggyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't use photobucket? If you have an Iphone, they have an app for photobucket so you can upload from your phone. I don't know what you have though :matrix: I just thought that looked cool :matrix:

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to donate mine to a local public aquarium years ago because it got to big for my system. I got it when it was basketball size and in ten years it grew to the size of an end table. It was huge and beautiful. I had it in my 210 gallon display and out of everything I've ever had I really miss him the most. I will have to try and find some old pictures. Hopefully I have some luck finding pics if so I will put them up. I had him under 400 watt 20k, moderate flow and in a very established system. He was always a good indicator when I had to do a water change. He got really unhappy when I would slack on my maintenance. Awesome thread

??????????????????? wow now that is a nem. what an awesome story. does the aquarium still have it?

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my iPhone is awesome, i was gonna suggest the same...yours sucked prolly cause you live in the breadbasket of the US. im near philly so i get good service.

do these guys get big fast? i always thought they were fast growers. i could love a nem like this.

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man i want one of these! I'd love to have one with a nice colored base. I have been looking at them online and the pictures of them out on the reef are amazing.

2Sunny's is AWESOME.. I have a picture of it as the lock screen on my phone now:tongue:

This thread needs pictures!!!

Diamondsinthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if they do or not. It went to steinhart aquarium in San Francisco. Since then they've moved to a new location. They have a 220,000 gallon reef tank now in the works. I hope they still have it but it's been quite a few years now since I've heard from anyone there. I do know that it thrived when they first got it. It was in a massive reef display for a couple years before they moved there aquarium to a new location.

Diamondsinthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would strongly recomend that if you try one of these take your time and find one at a local fish shop that arrives healthy and that has been in the shop for a while. This will improve your chances of success a lot. It's almost not fair to this particular species to be shipped as the mortality rate is very high. This is just from my experiences with this species. I love these anemones and they can thrive given that they get all the right parameters and a close replication of their natural environment. Good luck

noodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More pictures are needed! Here is mine.

d83c28ad.jpg

Mine is under a 250W metal halide on a pedestal rock with a sea swirl right next to it. I like the ones that have short tentacles that stand straight up with the rounded tips...mine has longer ones that are pointy. Not sure what causes the differences.... It is yellow with a pink/purple base and I have had it for about 2 or three years now.

Mike

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would strongly recomend that if you try one of these take your time and find one at a local fish shop that arrives healthy and that has been in the shop for a while. This will improve your chances of success a lot. It's almost not fair to this particular species to be shipped as the mortality rate is very high. This is just from my experiences with this species. I love these anemones and they can thrive given that they get all the right parameters and a close replication of their natural environment. Good luck

yeah i would assume finding a healthy one at an LFS would be ideal. So much for that around here tho ha.

Would what be minimum lighting requirements for these anemones?
would 150w MH/T-5 be enough?

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to use 250MH over them,but a 150MH and t5 supps should work just fine.

twiggyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, mine wasn't healthy enough to ship, so she said to call back Monday to see if they'll ship it out then. Hopefully they still have one, I don't think she knew exactly what was going on.

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just received a new juvenile c/b Latz clown last week and prayed it would pair up with one of my existing clowns. Let's just say the proof is in the pic!!

photo53-1.jpg

photo51-1.jpg

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another pic of Magnifica and clowns:

photo52-1.jpg

Last edited:

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back